First kydex sheath!

Justin Presson

Hey guys had to share this was my first time using kydex on a sheath. I kind of went with a hybrid kydex / leather combo which I really like!
I think it turned out cool and the retention is great.
It has been a month and a half since I worked on anything knife related and I was excited just snapped this quick pic.

This knife I'm donating to Missouri disabled sportsman, which helps disabled men and women get out into the woods to hunt and fish....pretty cool deal.

Last edited:
Looking good Justin and for a worthy cause.

I recently added leather to an existing kydex sheath in that same set up and really like it.

Thanks everyone!!

Looking good. Pictures of the knife out of the sheath?

Chris
I snapped a few crapy ones in the garage before I left for work.

This knife kicked my butt. I lost focus for a second while grinding and destroyed one side of the plunge and got into the spin. I was pretty mad at myself. I almost chucked it but decided to try and salvage it.
What I ended up with(after more grinding and a ton of hand sanding) is a plunge less grind that almost goes to a zero edge. Didn't take much to put the edge on it. It's not going to take much hard use but should slice like a light saber!

Got a pic of the back of the sheath? I've seen this style a few times and been thinking about trying it. I'm not sure which way you guys are folding over the belt loop.

Got a pic of the back of the sheath? I've seen this style a few times and been thinking about trying it. I'm not sure which way you guys are folding over the belt loop.
d93d5014178a0e760316d338924f3b7f.jpg

Back