First Batch!

highwall

First batch of knives that I HT in the new oven. They are all 1084 except the ladder pattern 1084/15N20. Still a very much a newbie to knifemaking but really enjoying the learning process! Feel like I'm baring my soul to post my humble work here among the talent on this forum! I think I've gotten past the prison shank level but still have a love hate thing going on with freehand grinding..... I am persistent/stubborn though and it is getting better. One thing that is really helping( if any other newbies out there) is doing each process in batches.(even monkeys can learn by repetition). Be nice guys!( I know you will be) I know I have a lot to learn! Really having fun and wished I'd have gotten into this at 30 instead of 60 yrs. young. Thanks guys! SteveFirst Batch.jpg

First batch of knives that I HT in the new oven. They are all 1084 except the ladder pattern 1084/15N20. Still a very much a newbie to knifemaking but really enjoying the learning process! Feel like I'm baring my soul to post my humble work here among the talent on this forum! I think I've gotten past the prison shank level but still have a love hate thing going on with freehand grinding..... I am persistent/stubborn though and it is getting better. One thing that is really helping( if any other newbies out there) is doing each process in batches.(even monkeys can learn by repetition). Be nice guys!( I know you will be) I know I have a lot to learn! Really having fun and wished I'd have gotten into this at 30 instead of 60 yrs. young. Thanks guys! SteveView attachment 72956

looks to me like you’re doing a fine job! working in batches is absolutely the best way to learn.

Looks good to me. Walnut, Koa, Maple, Dyed Maple and some sort of faux bone???

Batches work best for me. Saves on setting up time/changes/etc.

And I agree with this statement. "I wish I'd have gotten into this at 30 instead of 60 yrs. young."

You will continue to get better! Nice job and those are some nice looking scale material. 60! I started at 66 so you have plenty of time!!

Thanks Guys! This Forum has been great... So much info and a really great bunch of people! Wow OP you started at 66? Cool! Never stop learning is my attitude. This is one endeavor that I'm sure you never stop the education and learning new techniques, Steve

Back