Finished Twisted damascus blade

opaul

Got the components all epoxied up and assembled this week, and did the final finish this afternoon. The damascus is from Vegas forge. The OAL is 8-7/8". The materials are brass, micarta, amboyna burl and Wenge. I hand sanded to 800 grit, but I alternated between 200 grit and 320 grit with tung oil several times to fill in the Wenge pores.
Constructive feedback always welcome!

I really like the way the pattern "peeks in" then fades and "peeks in" again. Is that by the pattern design or was it a happy side effect in etching? The knife is awesome. I love Wenge but it does have some open pores.

I really like the way the pattern "peeks in" then fades and "peeks in" again. Is that by the pattern design or was it a happy side effect in etching? The knife is awesome. I love Wenge but it does have some open pores.
This is the way it came out of the etching so it's the pattern design. The etching really didn't change the pattern much at all.

Got the components all epoxied up and assembled this week, and did the final finish this afternoon. The damascus is from Vegas forge. The OAL is 8-7/8". The materials are brass, micarta, amboyna burl and Wenge. I hand sanded to 800 grit, but I alternated between 200 grit and 320 grit with tung oil several times to fill in the Wenge pores.
Constructive feedback always welcome!
Real nice opaul, Thumbs up.jpg

You will have to change your status here from "well known member" to "Knifemaker" as you have certainy earned the apellation OP.

You will have to change your status here from "well known member" to "Knifemaker" as you have certainy earned the apellation OP.
Thank you! I’ve still a long way to go but I am striving to constantly improve skills.

Back