Feeling so good..... I treated myself!

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Since returning from my last visit with the Docs in Seattle, I've been feeling pretty darn good! I did a bit of fabricating work in the shop a couple days ago, and although I had to work for about 15 mins....then rest for 20 mins., I was able to fabricate a hanger system for a new finish shop overheat heater! Gona be slow going, but starting next week, as long as I can stay feeling good....I'm gona try to get back to a shop work schedule.

Yesterday I was feeling so good.... I decided to treat myself. Been eyeballing one of these ever since they were introduced...... and NOTHING makes a guy feel better....than a new gun!!! :)

Now, to build a couple different kydex carry holsters for it and make it my daily carry! ;)

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Seems that SIG demands a premium..... after getting home with it, I noticed that Palmetto armory is having a labor day sale this weekend....where the 9mm M&P Sheild 2.0, WITH a laser sight......is on sale for $399! WHEW! I ALMOST took this one back..... but what the hey....this SIG is even more compact then the M&P Shield..... here's a pic of my .40 M&P at top, the Sig P365 at the bottom....with one of my damascus pens in between for size comparison. The up side with the SIG is the mag capacity..... 10 round in a package that small! The M&P only hold 7 in the mag, and 8 in the extended mag (in it) Now to come up with a tricky kydex holster for the SIG! :)

Daniel Macina

Palmetto armory is having a labor day sale this weekend....where the 9mm M&P Sheild 2.0, WITH a laser sight......is on sale for $399!
Well great now I want a new pistol! Sadly I am a knife maker on a rancher’s salary so I don’t really have pistol money. :p

Smokin deal!

Jon Buescher

You just can't go wrong these days with a Sig product. Congrats on a new piece, now you gotta go run some mags through it and get used to shooting it!

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
now you gotta go run some mags through it and get used to shooting it!
TRUE DAT! ^^^^^

One of the big reasons I got the M&P was it's good trigger. The SIG actually seems to have a slightly stiffer....but more "controlled" feel to it's trigger. You're right on with shooting it....NOTHING better than developing the muscle memory with a specific handgun!

Randy Lucius

Glad you're feeling better Ed but don't over do it. I know that will be hard for you. Nice pistol!! I try to stay out of the LGS. Seems it costs me money every time I walk in there.

Smily.png

Gliden07

The M&P is a nice gun I have an M&P Compact with an Apex trigger kit which made it a dream to shoot. I think out of the box the Sig is a little nicer piece though! Congrats on your new acquisition! Glad to hear your feeling better!
!

Heikki

Glad to hear you're feeling better Ed. Congrats on the new acquisition. I feel about guns like I feel about my tools: never trade 'em in or take 'em back, just get another one ;).

Jon Buescher

TRUE DAT! ^^^^^

One of the big reasons I got the M&P was it's good trigger. The SIG actually seems to have a slightly stiffer....but more "controlled" feel to it's trigger. You're right on with shooting it....NOTHING better than developing the muscle memory with a specific handgun!
I have really enjoyed my latest pistol, the Glock 19X has a fantastic trigger, the gen 5 barrels really kicked up the accuracy a notch as well. I love the recent trend in innovation of firearms productions

Doug Lester

Nice looking gun, though I still favor a 1911 pattern. I had a ParaArms double action .45 that held the hammer at 90% with no safe way to let the hammer down that scared me. Too close to being ready to discharge. If I wanted to get back into shooting (my essential tremors might get into the way) I'd get my FOID card and get a 9mm Browning.

Anyway, I'm glad you are making it back out to the shop. Don't overdo it. I just got a new bower today so hopefully I'll be back out to my shop soon.

Doug

Congrats! I recommend the 12 rd magazine vs pinky extension for comfort and shooting accuracy. It is the size of a mouse gun and shoots like a full size. Been carrying mine for over a year and hardly ever notice it even in shorts

Sean Jones

Nice gun. Must be a double stack to have that many rounds in such a small package. How's the slide? I think that's the model that has the really smooth slide isn't it?

I have the M&P Shield in 9 and absolutely love it. It's my summer carry gun and sometimes my winter carry also when I don't feel like carrying my G19.

cdent

I've always leaned towards revolvers, took a pretty fair pile of gophers this spring with my 22, but I picked up a truck pistol not too long ago. It's just a cheapie, but durn the market has a ton of options that are a much better value than at times in the past. I can shoot it a whole lot better than I thought it would work out. There's nothing like a little practice:D, when's bounce the soup can around the range day.

Chris Railey

KNIFE MAKER
The first generation M&P had horrible stock triggers. S&W listened and man did they hit the 2.0 out of the park. After about 200 rounds it smooths out and is very sweet, in fact, if you consider just shooting factors I now like it the same as my Glock 22. Having been to both M&P and Glock armorers schools I still prefer the Glock overall. You cannot go wrong either way. I have not shot the 2.0 Shield yet but I hear the trigger is same.

Gliden07

The first generation M&P had horrible stock triggers. S&W listened and man did they hit the 2.0 out of the park. After about 200 rounds it smooths out and is very sweet, in fact, if you consider just shooting factors I now like it the same as my Glock 22. Having been to both M&P and Glock armorers schools I still prefer the Glock overall. You cannot go wrong either way. I have not shot the 2.0 Shield yet but I hear the trigger is same.
I live in Mass and they make Smith & Wesson put 10lb triggers on them as a mandate to sell them in the Comi-Wealth. But after you buy the firearm you can legally modify it. It was a horrible trigger with no such thing as a follow up shot! Apex trigger kit solved that! Stinks ya have to buy 100 dollar plus accessory to get your gun to shoot right!

John Wilson

Ed, those P365s are sweet! You mentioned holsters. I recently picked up a Vedder Light Tuck for my Walther. It is the most comfortable IWB holster i’ve ever used. I actually forget I’m carrying. The Light Tuck also allows you to tuck your shirt in if you need to and still carry inside the waist band. The holster is ride-height adjustable as well as adjustable cant. My walther which is just about the same size as that Sig (with less rounds....grrr) tucks in so snug that I don’t print even in a relatively snug dry fit shirt. You can’t go wrong with a NextBelt with the click adjustments. Sure is nice to have 1/4” clicks in or out.