Favorite Shop NONNECCESSITY?

cubby

smarty cat
what is your favorite part of the shop that doesn't fall into the current "needs" catagory.... since techincally you don't need grinders, drill presses, mills, or the like...

TVs, computers, lights, mats, what is your favorite or most loved "pleasure" out there?

Refrigerator. I got a Side by Side that I got out of a house I cleaned out. Have drinks and Popsicles in the shop. Need a Microwave for the winter for hot drinks. Plan to install a wood burning stove in the next couple weeks.

For me it depends on the time of day, and the day of the week! (maybe even the season of the year) First thing in the morning, my favorites are the coffee pot and the computer. For the rest of the day it's my cushioned, adjustable height work stool, and on the weekends when college basketball is going on, its the TV that's tucked up next to the ceiling, in the corner, above my finish bench. (especially when it happens to be "March Madness" time)

I started to say the phone....but that thing frustrates me more than it helps me! :)

My boom box. When I'm doing a manual job like filing or sanding there's nothing like putting on one of my Bob Seger discs and cranking up the volume.

Doug Lester

I have build an old car radio, speakers and the aerial into a box, installed it in my workshop and power it with a small 12 v transformer.

Iphone, my tunes and cheap pair of speakers. I also have a Granite block that is used for leather work on my work bench that i use for everything except leatherwork.

A 500 watt receiver with the Siruis radio plugged in. Old radio dramas to '80's Alt rock and anything else you can think of.

David

Back