Failed Attempt at Loveless Blade

opaul

Well, the Loveless look alike blade project didn't go as expected. I used a piece of bronze I had left over from making my boat and it really wasn't quite large enough. I didn't do a good job of making the locking notch a tight fit and I should have put two pins in the bolster rather than one. And because the bronze wasn't big enough I ended up grinding up into the tang. Bottom line...…….I should have thought it through instead of rushing ahead. Anyway here is the blade as profiled and then the blade with the scales attached. Because I ground into the tang the center pin is not aesthetically pleasing to the eye ( :) not centered :).

Well, the Loveless look alike blade project didn't go as expected. I used a piece of bronze I had left over from making my boat and it really wasn't quite large enough. ,,,,

Making a boat? Tell us about that. I'm an old boat bum - lived on a 40 ft sailboat for over 26 yrs.

Oh, good start on the knife.

Well, the Loveless look alike blade project didn't go as expected. I used a piece of bronze I had left over from making my boat and it really wasn't quite large enough. I didn't do a good job of making the locking notch a tight fit and I should have put two pins in the bolster rather than one. And because the bronze wasn't big enough I ended up grinding up into the tang. Bottom line...…….I should have thought it through instead of rushing ahead. Anyway here is the blade as profiled and then the blade with the scales attached. Because I ground into the tang the center pin is not aesthetically pleasing to the eye ( :) not centered :).

I love the bronze with the wood... beautiful color combo. Oh and I wouldn’t have noticed the pin lol. We are our worst critics.

I love the handle. I think the guard and the handle shape are pleasing to the eye. The blade profile is different than I would expect for that handle.

Back