Etching templates and stencils

Eaglewood

Hey there Dogs-- I want to try etching my logo on my aluminum Thor hammers that I make, and want to try some of the battery/Q tip methods before I spend the $$$$ on a professional unit, if I even need to.. I was wanting to see if anyone had the ability to print out my logo for me in the stencil material or how I go about getting it done?

Any help would be appreciated. It is a small logo also-- maybe 1" square at the largest.
I can email it to whomever can help me out.

Thanks

Ernie's stencils are top shelf but if you want to save a little at first and make them, read tutorial on etching Tracy has in USA knifemaker site showing how to make stencils and etch. Once you make a light box and assuming you have a printer and clear 8.5x11 acetate sheets, you can buy the etching material in USAKM for $16 a sheet, developer and buy or make etchant and make a lot of stencils.

Tried to PM Ernie-- havent heard from him yet-- anyone have direct contact info if you can share it? PM me.

JS Machine provided the link to Ernie's website in post #2 of this thread - all of his contact information can be found there.

He's always answered the phone when I've called.

BC

Out of interest, what electrolyte and voltage would you use for Aluminium? the same as for steel ok?

From what I understand by talking to the company that Ernie sent me to for the power supply-- they said it is the same but would need to go a little longer.
they have a "hobby kit" for $50 so I grabbed that. Ernie is making my stencils for me.

Thanks Ernie!!!

http://www.lectroetch.com/overview.html

Well, I got my stencils from Ernie-- couldnt be happier with the quality and the speed he got them to me-- Thanks Ernie!!!

Then I got a Hobby Kit from the Lectroetch company-- cost me $50 and comes with everything you need to include some stencils you can use to make your own.
Here is the result. These arent really deep but for what I need it is fine-- If you want it deeper you have to get a more powerful unit. I did steel and aluminum.
DSC06731.jpgDSC06729.jpgDSC06730.jpg

Last edited:
Back