Etching Machine

My friend made one using a battery charger, vinegar, and cotton balls. Works pretty good and you can charge your batteries!

My friend made one using a battery charger, vinegar, and cotton balls. Works pretty good and you can charge your batteries!

You're absolutely right.
I used a 6/12 volt battery charger for about 3 years. 6 volt gave a decent deep etch and 12 volt colored it. My motorcycle trickle charger left a decent black mark too. Then I grew up and bought a real machine but I'd go back to the charger any time in a pinch.

Rudy

I'm going to build one based off of the plans out there. I guess it doesn't help if I can't remember the site. But for 50 bucks and an hour or so you can't beat it. I've etched with a tattoo power supply and a salt water soaked q tip. Along with using the laser printer stencils.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

1385380343153.jpg

Built mine. If you would like a copy of the plans PM me and I'll email you them. I got everything from Radio Shack to make it.

Got my stencil from Ernie and the solutions from USA Knifemaker's Supplies. Felt for pads, 1 yard from Walmart. Enough for hundreds of knives!

Yes I believe he is. Also you can Google Blue Lightening Stencils. He is a Knifemaker out of Florida. I get about 3 knives out of each felt pad, then change it. I do about 10 knives per stencil, you can do more but, that's what I do.

Back