Elk Trapper

Sean Cochran

Here is my latest, this one is 1 of 3 for a customer, his son, and son in law
3 7/8" trapper ATS34 with Kentucky Elk (I officially hate stag, but thats what everyone around here wants)
This is the first one to wear my new maker's mark2thumbs
Dont hold back let me know what you think.
BTW I cant take pics for $#@%%. I wonder if someone could do a pictures for idiots tutorial?
Sean
104_1132.jpg

104_1133.jpg

What do I think? I think they are freakin fantastic! 2thumbs I would love to own one and would proudly carry it! But that's what I think! :cool:

I think you did a great job, Sean. That's a beauty and I love the KY Elk scales. First time I've ever seen KY Elk period. Ya don't know where a fella could get his mitts on some of that do ya?

Thanks for the comments.

Denton the herd is doing well in the restock region of the state (about 15 counties in the southeast). I had a shed from a 4 x 4 behind my place, these three knives will take whats left of it, but Im going to go looking for more sheds in the next little bit. We have a few bulls that stay around the pipeyard where I work. I might be persauded to part with some of it. :)

Sean

It looks pretty nice Sean. Did you put a shield on the other side?

Thanks Bruce. Nope no shield on this one. I gonna get Dave to cut one that I think will be unique, should have it soon.

Ive still got a lot to learn about these slippies, but Im having a blast learning.2thumbs

Sean

That's a great looking slippie Sean! When I saw your cool mark I thought something was amiss and realized it a bit later - no nail nick! :) Now I know it's on the other side. :D At least you didn't pull a 'ddave' and put it upside down... Yes, I have.

That's a sweet knife man. All those curves in that blade had to be fun. Beautiful finish too. You're an inspiration, thanks for sharing.

It looks ok but I think you should send it out to Queensland so I can see how it goes dressing out half a dozen kangaroos, a few crocodiles and a buffalo or two.

I promise I'll send a report, promise:D.

Terry

Thank you Dave. How are you doing with yours?

No shop time lately Sean; still working on my rise/fall indicator. But you did remind me to order bushings today! I'll get that done and be ready when I get my tooling built... Sheesh. Trying to keep me on track is a full time job for several people. :)

Dave
I know I havent seen you posting much lately, but dont worry Ill keep you on track.2guns:D BTW I dont use a rise and fall indicator, Ill try to get some pics up of the way I set the spring.

Terry
I may just take you up on that sometime, you just have to promise to show it to everyone in the country.:D

Sean

Terry
I may just take you up on that sometime, you just have to promise to show it to everyone in the country.

It's a done deal Sean.;)

Terry

Sean, I don't know how I missed this a month ago, but I LOVE this knife!2thumbs

Back