Ebony and copper

Von Gruff

KNIFE MAKER
Lookijg forward to getting this one completed. It will go into the reserve I will start to put together for the Blade Show in Auckland toward the end of the year. I have some ebony stabilising along with a few other handle blocks at the moment so will get it completed next week together with another five that are gluing up at the moment.
Ebony and copper will work very nicely with this larger blade.
I2rOurol.jpg

I'll be looking forward to seeing it complete. Hurry up! :)
5 am here but got it all epoxied and pinned together yesterday so will get it all shaped up today. I used brass pins in the copper bolster with my 3 pin mark so there will be a subtle showing of that and copper pins in the ebony for the contrast.I do have another 1/2 doz to shape up as well to deal with.

5 am here but got it all epoxied and pinned together yesterday so will get it all shaped up today. I used brass pins in the copper bolster with my 3 pin mark so there will be a subtle showing of that and copper pins in the ebony for the contrast.I do have another 1/2 doz to shape up as well to deal with.
You are a machine Gruff!

At work at 5am. Good for you. Me too. I hate getting up at 3:45am. Do you work out of the house. (garage/shop) Your knife as usual will look great!!

At work at 5am. Good for you. Me too. I hate getting up at 3:45am. Do you work out of the house. (garage/shop) Your knife as usual will look great!!
I do not go to "work" at 5am. I wake any time after about 2am but more often than not in the 4am to 4-30 time fame and am just not able (comfortable) just lying there so get up and read the international news blogs and the forums until it is time for me to get breakfast which I have always taken to Lyne in bed. Usually round 8 when I go to the shed which is only a few yards from the house
The copper and ebony knife is done so will get a picture of it and another couple I am working on although another knifemaker is dropping by for a visit this afternoon so no as much as planned may get done.

Hard to get a decent pic of the three brass pins in the copper bolster but they will show when the patina developes.
Dh7SLuFl.jpg

Another pair of the Old Westerns. Swamp Kauri on one and Spalted Eucalyptus on the other
QSDgQaLl.jpg

I really like both patterns, the subtle differences makes each unique!!

Back