Drop Point in D2 and Cocobolo

firecog

This is a drop point knife I finished up last week for a fund raising raffle and auction.
The blade is differentially heat treated D2 by Lee Oates/Bearclaw Knives. I was really surprised when I opened the package and found that he had polished up the blade and done the file work on the back of the blade - NO CHARGE!
The handle is cocobolo outfitted with stainless steel for the guard, pin and lanyard tube.
Blade is about 4 1/2" long, 3/16"+ thick about 9 1/2" overall.
I also did the wet-molded leather sheath, finished with sno-seal. Crude, but it does the job. Sheaths are definitely not my thing, but I found a local leatherworker that I will try out for my next few leather sheaths.
We raffled it off in card raffle, and while it didn't bring in as much as I hoped it would, it went to a good home in the hands of a fine young man.
101_3840.jpg
101_3841.jpg
101_3843.jpg
101_3844.jpg
101_3848.jpg
101_3850.jpg
101_3852.jpg
I apologize for the pics- can't even seem to get that date stamp to stay off, or even the right date.
Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
Very nice knife Cog and I'm sure that it is the prize possession of that young man who got it. Pretty nice of that guy to do your filework- kind of an "unplanned collaberation" lol.

Back