Drill bit chart

C Craft

Anyone got a drill bit chart that shows bit size in fraction of an inch, decimal and by number. I got a chart that give the first two but every once in a while I need to know what the # equivalent is and how close it is to the fraction of an inch or decimal!

Number designation is often used by machinists but I can't find a chart with all three!

I have just what you are looking for. (attached)

Attachments

• Starrett decimal-equivalent-card---bulletin-1317.pdf
    161.6 KB · Views: 23
Thanks to the both of you! I got to get some ink for the printer so I can print it out!!! Every once in a while I get into something that gives a letter or number designation and then I am struggling to transfer that to a size I know!!

Last edited:
The Starrett one prints out to poster size. I only printed page 2 for my shop because I don't do anything bigger than 1/2 inch. I have it taped up on the wall by the drill press and refer to it constantly.

You can put the file on a thumb drive and take it to any office supply place and have it printed large for a couple bucks.

Hadn't thought about that John. I can't read anything if I don't have my glasses/readers anymore, the print is just blurry. I can have it printed out to eye chart size. Err the big letters on the first line!! th2KFWAXBR.jpg

You and me both! I just went and got new glasses made. I had a pair of progressives before that absolutely drove me up a wall. This place sorted me out and it's like having a new lease on life. I've been using magnifier safety glasses for the last two years. Works fine when doing work up close but then trying to walk across the shop with them on was like being underwater on the moon.

At any rate, that chart will print huge if you want it real big. I printed it out to 13x19 and it's perfect for me from a few feet away. It could go way bigger than that but I don't need to see it from farther away than it is now.

You and me both! I just went and got new glasses made. I had a pair of progressives before that absolutely drove me up a wall. This place sorted me out and it's like having a new lease on life. I've been using magnifier safety glasses for the last two years. Works fine when doing work up close but then trying to walk across the shop with them on was like being underwater on the moon.

At any rate, that chart will print huge if you want it real big. I printed it out to 13x19 and it's perfect for me from a few feet away. It could go way bigger than that but I don't need to see it from farther away than it is now.

I hear you John and I can't get use to bifocals at all. Make me dizzy and sick at my stomach. Not to mention I almost let my hand get too close to the blade on my table saw with them on. That is when I gave up on them and went back to my readers!!

Thanks again for the info on the chart!!

Back