Daughter Engaged - praise the Lord!

Rob Nelson

Fellow KnifeDogs, my daughter became engaged a few days ago. I share it in this thread as a testimony to the power of Christ. We raised her to believe that "oneness" is a blessing from the Lord, special, to be cherished and waited upon. She is 21, never been kissed; loves the Lord, top 4 of her class at the Coast Guard Academy, top Civil Engineer, active in leadership, athletics, etc. Beautiful (of course Daddy would say so). My future Son in law is 23, graduate of the same school, officer in the Coast Guard, and a godlier young man you'd be hard pressed to find. They met on the shooting team, bible study, etc. and have been friends for a few years. Never dated, just friends. After he graduated she missed him, and told him so, but he's in Alaska and she's in Connecticut, so their relationship progressed in text/phone/skype. He called me a month ago and asked me for permission to propose; I asked why her, he said her walk with the Lord, he knew she was someone he could spend a lifetime with. She's up in Alaska right now meeting his family and friends, seeing his hometown, wearing a beautiful ring ... no baggage, no drama, just joy. Praise God!

I had made a BP rifle (TC Kit) while my wife was pregnant with her, and its been set aside since that time to give to whomever she would marry. Its symbolic - to provide and protect - but now of course I have to make a knife to go with it.:biggrin: He actually strikes me as the type of guy that would like to learn how to make knives, so it may work best to make one with him.

Thanks for listening, and sharing our joy!

IMG_3555.jpg
The happy couple!

Thanks Gents! We just picked her up from the airport. First thing I noticed, she has a nice new white arctic jacket ... covered in soot. Evidently they spent quite a bit of time together welding up a frame to mount a winch to the 4 wheeler ... she definitely found a keeper.

Congratulations , next will be the happiness that the grand children bring , many hours of entertainment.

Back