DARK and SCARY

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS

Two of the damascus Akula blades I just finished. The carbon Fiber has the shellcracker butt and is .250 thick black CF over .100 thick dark red G-10. The other has a rounded butt and sports black micarta scales.

Thanks for looking.
Kydex sheaths will be up next.
Steve:steve:
dark 004.jpgdark 001.jpgdark 008.jpgdark 006.jpgdark 003.jpg

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
Nice. How itchy are you after grinding that carbon fiber?

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
"Nice. How itchy are you after grinding that carbon fiber? "

Well Boss, you know that lil kid Pigpen from the Charlie Brown cartoons? Well he's clean compared to me.
I have a CF folder to make for an order, then I may retire from that realm of scale-a-ture. (is that a word?)
I do love the way it looks though.
I read somewhere that the time spent hunting and fishing is not counted toward your life span, I think the time spent grinding Cf is doubled then taken away. LOL

thanks for lookin,
Steve

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
Thanks Ern,
It came out well. I'm sending pix to a couple of customers then I'll probably list it here.

Steve

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
I think they are about the same. I finished the micarta with gun oil which makes it feels like super hard rubber. I have been told that a lot of guys in combat use an aerosol sports adhesive in small cans to "grip up" their knives and handguns.

Thanks for asking and thanks for the compliment.
Steve

mrspike

damascus Akula with Carbon Fiber is stunning. It has tremendous detail showing the damascus.

beautifully crafted!

John

BruceM

Great looking knives Steve! Of course I wouldn't expect anything less from your shop. Seems like carbon fiber is one of those love/hate things, I hate to grind it but love the way it looks, oh well.

Isn't it about that time of year for you to put on the camo and shoot at fury things in the woods?

Keep up the good work!
Bruce

D

darci

real nice, i showed a Army Ranger this pic' and he like it,my girls friend dad "ranger" couldn't believe i have pic's of knives on my computer . only the best knives and this knife is one of them.

P.S. I tried to send you a PM but you box is full empty that thing "do I have to hold your hand to get things done around here " LOL I was talking like my POPS LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

James Terrio

Careful, that nickname might just stick... ;)

Both good-looking knives regardless; you just can't go wrong with silver & black. (what can I say, I'm a Raiders fan)

J

jonnyjamup

two beautiful knives there steve,very very nice. regards john.