Curly Ambrosia Maple & W2 Hunter With Hamon

Burton

Hi all here is one recently completed and ready for the Ohio Classic Knife show. It is an Amish cut Curly Ambrosia Maple handle kiln dried at my buddy's hardwood shop and stabilized by WSSI. The Ambrosia Maple coloring is caused by the Ambrosia beetle the bores into the wood and stains it. The two holes on the handle are the Ambrosia beetle bore holes. Don Hanson's W2 blade with clay coated hamon. Forged upset wrought Iron guard. Black Ash burl with black G10 spacers. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for looking and have a great day. -Burton Harruff

ambrosia_hamon_hunter_1.jpg

My thoughts are that you have created a beauty!!! Love the blade and the handle is excellent. I haven't seen much of the ambrosia before, very nice. Great sheath and background as well. Wade

Last edited:
Really burton you are killing me that thing is gorgous!!! wood is awsome i am just going to shut up now and post this as my wall paper lol

Very, very nice. I love the complete package, and I'm jealous of your hamon. So far I have yet to be able to create a hamon at all. Since I am still breathing I think there is hope. I like that ambrosia...didnt even know such a thing existed.
Where and when is the show in Ohio?

Back