Covid has hit home

Randy Lucius

She is, thanks for inquiring! Poor girl, in all our years, I'd never seen her that sick...scared the heck outta me. She is still having the bouts of fatigue, but the are slowly becoming less and less.

I'm hoping the vaccine gets around to me sooner rather then later. For me it's a no brainer, with my issues. Cindy say's she's not getting it until she feels it's been "tested enough". Which I'd likely do if I were fully healthy.
I got it right before Christmas and was quarantined during the Holidays. It sucked. I'm almost 60 and that's the sickest I've ever been. Monday was the first day I felt like getting back in the shop. It takes a little while for the fatigue to go away. Really glad to hear Cindy is doing better. That's good news.

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
This is why I LOVE this forum, and my FAMILY here! We care about each other, beyond the knife stuff.
We can be real with each other, while maintaining respect.
And in times like this, when I can't be physically close to friends..... I can be here. And all this time we thought it was "about knives"......NOPE!! It's about PEOPLE! :) Thank you to all my family here a KD!!!

cdent

Great news about Cindy. Maybe, but maybe not on her benefitting from the vaccine. She may be resistant now, but could still bring it home, maybe?

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
CEDENT!!! My Buddy!! Miss ya man! Bingo! We're still being cautious, and they Doc at the ER did tell her that even when she got over it, she could still bring it home if she let down her guard.

Looks like Phase 1B is going on now in MT..... If I understood the groupings correctly, me, with the autoimmune disease/Lung Disease, should fall into Phase 1C. Hopefully that will come around sooner, rather then later. I had two Doc appointments earlier this week, and point blank asked them about the vaccine.... and even they don't have any answers as to when, where, or how. Kinda frustrating. Seems like this vaccine "program" has become a moving target, that changes daily.
Wish it would hurry up..... I just bought a brand new Savage A17 (.17 cal), and wanna get out and blast gophers and Prairie Dogs with ya! Right now, .17 is the only ammo on the shelves at North 40..... and you can only buy 2 boxes at a time....so I've been sneaking in right at opening time in the mornings, buying my two boxes, and so on. :) Figure if I can amass a couple thousand rounds, that might get me through site in and some gopher/prairie dog shootin! :)

Bruce McLeish

Ed, I've been getting updated from VA via email. You may want to check with them about your status vis-a-vie what you have going. Might bump you up in the receiving line.

cdent

.... and you can only buy 2 boxes at a time....so I've been sneaking in right at opening time in the mornings, buying my two boxes, and so on. :) Figure if I can amass a couple thousand rounds, that might get me through site in and some gopher/prairie dog shootin! :)
Here's another reason to get Cindy all better? You do know there's a reason to have family members, they're supposed to call if they stumble on something or just if they're driving past the store!
Get some decent glass on it, not necessarily long glass. I have a blast using my 1-6x down low with both eyes open, like a red dot. But, we might be stuck in a time of lesser more deliberate shots. By the way, you aren't supposed to hoard ammo when the prices are high?:)