Covid has hit home

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Cindy has been sick for about 10 days. Last Friday she went to the walk-in, and was tested negative for both flu and covid. Last night she was as sick as I have ever seen here in all our years together...... so she gave in and allowed me to take her to the ER. Covid Positive! We've been very cautious ever since she got sick, because of me being in the high risk group (Lupus and Interstitial lung disease), and Praise God....so far I haven't had any symptoms. We are sleeping on different floors of the house, and doing all we can to keep me safe. The Doc says that he believes Cindy isn't contagious, and that she is "over the hump", and should get to feeling better within the next few days. I have explicit instructions to get the ER if I have the first sign of symptoms....my Pulmonary Doctor has already authorized the use of Bamlanivimab for me.....which is the drug they gave President Trump that shortened his illness. Just say some prayers for a full/speedy recovery for Cindy, and that it passes me by.

Last edited:

Sean Jones

Cindy has been sick for about 10 days. Last Friday she went to the walk-in, and was tested negative for both flu and covid. Last night she was as sick as I have ever seen here in all our years together...... so she gave in and allowed me to take her to the ER. Covid Positive! We've been very cautious ever since she got sick, because of me being in the high risk group (Lupus and Interstitial lung disease), and Praise God....so far I haven't had any symptoms. We are sleeping on different floors of the house, and doing all we can to keep me safe. The Doc says that he believes Cindy isn't contagious, and that she is "over the hump", and should get to feeling better within the next few days. I have explicit instructions to get the ER if I have the first sign of symptoms....my Pulmonary Doctor has already authorized the use of Bamlanivimab for me.....which is the drug they gave President Trump that shortened his illness. Just say some prayers for a full/speedy recovery for Cindy, and the it passes me by.
Prayers sent.

Bruce McLeish

Ed, please take extraordinary care with this stuff. Being in a high risk group is the absolute pits as you well know. Hunker down and stay safe.

Chris Railey

KNIFE MAKER
If it helps, when I had the COVID no one else in my house got it and the only precaution we took was I used a separate bathroom. We have a small house with four of us. I will pray for both of you as well.

bladegrinder

That's some bad news Ed, I hope your wife beats it fast and you don't catch it.
Prayers going out to your family.

scherf68

My girlfriend's son tested positive, they stay in different sides of house and she is still clear. Hope your wife heals quickly.

Owl

Gold Membership
Our family has yours in our prayers Ed.
Hope Cindy recovers quickly and you stay safe.

chrisstaniar

Wipe all the common areas down with bleach/disinfectant, keep that hand sanitizer in your pocket (use it constantly). I'd say get some fresh air in there but fresh air in a montana winter probably isn't a good idea.

Maybe time to spend some more time in the shop!

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Thanks Gang! The IV fluids they pumped into Cindy, and the reglan they gave her for the intense headache helped. She was looking much better last evening.....but got up this morning with the headache again, and severe "outhouse trots". Pushing the fluids to her.....and she's getting tired of me pressing. :) Your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated! Thank you!!!

Kevin R. Cashen

Super Moderator
Do take care of yourselves Ed, and praying for you. I know the upstairs/downstairs isolation thing. Twice now I had to live in the basement for a week to be certain that an exposure didn't endanger my family. The pager goes off and the next day I find that somebody I was in direct contact with tested positive so I find myself on the basement couch again.