Copper foil??

Wiredude

I happened to think about it today, so I thought I'd ask...
During one of the operations we do at my job, we end up with long scrap pieces of copper shielding foil. It's about 2-1/4" wide, and doesn't appear to have any coating on it, though it doesn't seem to corrode either. Because it's wrapped aroung the cable, its not all that flat, though I think you could probably get it quite smooth if you tried... I'd guess it's .002 or .003 thick.
We usually just roll it up, and haul it to the scrapyard, but I figured I'd ask if anyone here could think of a use for it.

Try using it as a liner on a knife mabbe?
I thought about that. I was concerned that it might be too thin (this stuff if in pretty much the thickness of printer paper).
I was actually thinking maybe like leather inlays, or maybe some of the more experienced forge guys might be able to do something with it...

It would work for inlays. Looks to be about the thickness of an aluminum can??? On the liners you could use three, four or more layers. Might be a neat visual effect. . .

DeMo

Try a few layers on a gift knife or a personal demonstration type. Either way man it is usable depends on your imagination.

Back