Commando Dagger Project

Les George

Admin - Founding Member
THAT is solid clean lookin work right there! Most impressive, I want to see it when it's done!

Youre not gonna bring it to Blade show by chance are you? :)

Les George

Admin - Founding Member
This dagger is one of the hardest knives I have ever tried to make. There is not much to it, but there is very little wiggle room. Pretty much one shot to get it right at any given step.

Hard enough to be a real challange, but I think I am close enough on this first one to go ahead and start planning a small batch of them. Maybe if I can learn to grind these blades, I will have some real grinding skillz...

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
Truly amazing work Les. I guess it's a good thing I'm almost broke, otherwise I would be coming to BLADE and sprinting to your table as soon as the doors opened. Then I'd be hitch hiking back to Arkansas.

Les George

Admin - Founding Member
Thanks man, if it makes you feel better, this one will be there only as a delivery.

I do take credit/debit cards there at the table and AR is not that far away really.... I'm just sayin.... ;)

murphda2

LOL, unfortunately I'll be recouperating from my trip to the Mojave while you guys are partying in Atlanta. I have been contemplating a new folder though. I'm trying to decide which line I want to wait in, the "Rockeye", "FM-1", or "VECP".

Ground to the bone

THAT is solid clean lookin work right there! Most impressive, I want to see it when it's done!

Youre not gonna bring it to Blade show by chance are you? :)
Thanks Les, Im glad you like it. No i will not be able to make it to blade show, I wish I could. The grind was the hardest part, I free handed it on a three inch wheel. I cut the thumb indention out with the corner of the grinding wheel, and I used an engraving chisle to cut the little slots in the thumb indention. It sure was a hard knife to make. But I know you can relate.

Rock

Awesome, Les! Awesome Les! Worth the wait.

GroundTTB, your piece is looking great too!

murphda2

If it's possible for a knife to be sexy, this piece just reached that level. That is freakin outstanding Les!

Les George

Admin - Founding Member
Playing with this knife today against a cardboard box in the shop. It doesnt slice for anything, but it stabs like a bullet.... :)

Les George

Admin - Founding Member
I used whatever software came pre installed on my PC (vista), just filled the thing with media and hit "auto movie"

Easy peesy...