CKCA 2011 Annual Cancer Research Benefit Knife

Kevin Jones

"As always, this year's benefit knife will be introduced at our CKCA banquet and be available for inspection at the CKCA booth at BLADE Show the entire weekend.

I have this knife/sheath in my possession and it's absolutely beautiful, ergonomically correct, sharp as a razor and big.

The V Foundation for Cancer Research will be the recipient of our contribution this year which will be directed towards Gastric/Esophagus cancer research in honor of former knifemaker and CKCA member Leon Treiber. Leon passed from esophagus cancer in late 2010. The V Foundation is an outstanding organization. http://www.jimmyv.org/

The CKCA has donated $20,431 to cancer research in the past two years which is about 98% of what we have collected.
Please help in the fight against cancer by supporting this project.

Tickets for our benefit knife will go on sale at our banquet (Thursday night June 9th) for attendees and on Friday June 10th 10:00 am EST on-line via our website and at our CKCA booth located in the lobby at BLADE Show.

A huge thank you to all our participants who made this important chartable project possible.

Bruce Bump............Created the Bowie
Steven Rapp...........Created the Sheath
Brian Hochstrat.......Engraved the Bowie and Sheath
Mark Knapp.............Supplied the Beautiful Blue Mammoth Ivory at No Charge
Ernie Grospitch........Supplied both Stencils at No Charge
Chuck & Mary Ward............. Supplied All our Photography & Promotional Materials

Specifications:

Blade Steel – “Flipped W” of 1084/15n20 Damascus
Handle – Premium Blue Mammoth Ivory
OAL – 15”
BL – 9-3/4” "

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
I want to get tickets for this, But Im not gona be at blade.. Can I purchase them online? or through Knife Dogs? Please advise!
Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen. I hope it raises a record amount of cash to go toward the reserch and cure..

God Bless YA
Randy

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
Hi Randy,
You can buy tickets at www.customknifecollectorsassociation.com
I too hope it brings in some real money, Thanks so much for your support for this good cause.
Bruce
I want to get tickets for this, But Im not gona be at blade.. Can I purchase them online? or through Knife Dogs? Please advise!
Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen. I hope it raises a record amount of cash to go toward the reserch and cure..

God Bless YA
Randy

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
BTTT,
This is a beautiful knife and sheath for a great cause. Please consider buying some tickets.

Kevin Jones

Drawing is next Saturday.
If you have planned on getting tickets time is running out!

Click below to purchase tickets.

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
I know the drawing is this Saturday but you should buy your tickets by the 5th just to be sure. Kevin needs time to travel to Jerrys and may not have time at the last minute.

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
Thanks Bruce! I'd love to win the knife, but I know the odds are against me. As with most, I've had various forms of cancer effect those I love. Every little bit in finding treatments and a cure help. I'm glad I could play a small part in the cause.

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
The odds are under 400 to 1 to win this knife but without cancer research the odds are deadly against us all. Both Kaye and I have lost our fathers to cancer. My dad was a year younger than I am right now so prevention is already helping but we havent won yet.
Thanks so much for your help.

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
So, have they announced who the lucky guy/gal is who won this masterpiece?

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
Yes, here is the lucky winner. Brent Haltom
Congratulations go to Brent.

A heart felt Thank You goes to everybody that helped make this years cancer research cash donation a huge success. I feel we may have helped to save some lives.