Chunky mammoth

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
About 8" of Schenk damascus and some nice thick mammoth scales.
The pommel cap (butt) is a segment of a dark mammoth tusk. A little stag for the bolsters and a sheath by Robt Jones.

Thanks for looking.LF 003.jpgLF 004.jpgLF 009.jpgLF 013.jpgLF 008.jpg

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
Shes a beaut Steve. Nice choice of materials and they are work together. Fit and finish is very tight.

Denny Eller

She's a real looker, Steve! Nice going on the grinds and the fit and finish. I really like that damascus, too.

Billy Helton

Wow Steve I love the way you come up with ways to use different material to its fullest. I like the stag in front of the mammoth. I was wondering did you use some kind of hidden pin or something on the pommel. I think I will try something like that, looks real good.

A++++

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
Thanks guys!
Hey Billy, thanks for the A++++ grade.
If I could have gotten grades like that in school, I coulda graduated the 6th grade. LOL

There are no hidden pins in the pommel, but I roughed it up real good and used my favorite T88 epoxy and let it set for 48 hours. I have tried to tear this epoxy apart before and usually the part fails before the glue joint.

Thanks to all for looking.

Steve

ironarmknives

Bladesmith & Forum Owner/Moderator
very clean looking i'd say a nice dress knife , even though i never dress up but if i did that would need to be with me.

Billy Helton

Thanks guys!
Hey Billy, thanks for the A++++ grade.
If I could have gotten grades like that in school, I coulda graduated the 6th grade. LOL

There are no hidden pins in the pommel, but I roughed it up real good and used my favorite T88 epoxy and let it set for 48 hours. I have tried to tear this epoxy apart before and usually the part fails before the glue joint.

Thanks to all for looking.

Steve
Where do you get that T88 epoxy I would like to try it. Also I figured you made it to the 9th grade.