Chris’ KITH (For Gene Kimi) DONE

Chris Railey

5136CF52-6EF6-47F4-9E2E-62642AFAC231.jpeg
Started with this stuff. Its a bunch of cutoffs from my stock removal knives. I hate to waste stuff so I keep it all for canister. I have a small bucket full of this stuff all good steel. I cleaned it all up and bent it or cut it to fit in the canister. Then packed in the 1084 with 4%Nickel powder steel. Welded the can and hit the forge. I brought the forge up to Welding temp then threw in the can. I set a timer for fifteen minutes and talked to my dog until the timer expired. Then I started with a light squeeze and back to the forge.

Attachments

• 237E2FD8-A676-4D90-99C4-61CA93DD08B8.jpeg
    237E2FD8-A676-4D90-99C4-61CA93DD08B8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
Ok - coolness just went through the roof - Look ma! I gotta front row seat to these guys making canister damascus(?) - just wow

Is there such a thing as 'ugly' Damascus? Maybe, I guess I have seen some ugly babies - most actually are quite ugly - I still get to watch!

I'd buy a, (whatever you call it that I could grind/file a blade out of) of it from ya - just sayin ;)

Interesting pattern. I like it.

Out of curiosity. how much nickle powder did you use compared to the 1084? (ie, what percentage of each would you estimate?)

Back