Ceramic Platen Liner

Bill Coye

Knife Maker
Just put the ceramic liner on the flat platen with JB weld ~

ceramicplaten.jpg

...anyone else having problems with magnetizing their knives while using a 100 lb. magnet?

BC

Last edited:
No, but you could buy a demagnetizer. Then you would have a real shop.:D
-John

It's bad - I don't know if I received a nuclear-powered magnet by accident but I can pick up screws with my first few knives. :confused:

I won't use it again - I get a fingernail trim now.

Hmm. I can't say I have that problem unless I were to leave it on the magnet for a while.
-John

are you using a magnet to hold your knives while grinding?

When I tried using a magnet I ended up having to buy a demagnitizer. It drove me nuts with all the metal filings sticking to the blade.

I really learned to hate that magnet. It ruined a lot of knives for me. I know some guys swear by them, I swore at mine.

I really don't want to use a demagnetizer - the search for a smaller magnet continues.

You'd think Sheffield/Jantz/TKS would carry a small magnet. Nope, just more big ones. huh1

I might have another in my tool box i will look around. i have had that one for years. if i do i will send you one..

All of my knives get magnetized when I use my magnet to grind the flats. They pick up screws, stick to eachother and never let go of grinding dust. I bought a demagnetizer from ebay (I think) It works great.

Back