Cell Phone Case I need HELP

HELLGAP

Dealer - Purveyor
View attachment 37261Well I took someones advice and the results are not good. Now am I _ __- ed ? I rubbed the phone case down with the best wax I have and it has left like a white film in the creases. I dont know what to do . I want to have a water proof cell phone case that wont loose its stamping if it gets wet and I dont want it hard. Should I oil it now with neats or what??? You can see the white in the picture. I really have no idea I dont want to use eco flo super sheen because it leaves the leather stiff. I am not mad just need to fix this problem , I dont want to loose the stamping thats why the need to water proof. Kellyw

An old tooth brush is your best friend. I have several in my tool case. :) The firmer the better for getting into the creases.

I tried to give this info to a Master Smith at a show whose sheaths all had white goop in the threads and carve lines, he looked at me like I had a second nose. :31: Sometimes the simplest solutions are the farthest from the mind.

No problem. Use a hair dryer to warm up the wax enough to make it disappear. Let it cool again before you buff or you will wipe it all off on your buff cloth.

The only wax I had was Reniusance wax sorry for the spelling . The tooth brush and hair dry worked perfect, I then very lightly used some foot oil and all is good. My wife dint like it so I guess its mine. she said WHERE ARE THE FLOWERS . I guess she should opened the 14k gold 9mm black pearl earings first lol. thanks guys

I use Renaissance Wax on all my leather goods. I don't often stamp my work but I have to say that I've never had it build up like that. How heavy was the coat? The Ren wax won't waterproof the leather, I've been told that little actually does, but it does make it water resistant.

Doug

Doug I think I placed to much on and wasnt able to wipe away the excess . I have it under control . I also bought a jar of aussie leather wax/ conditioner with bee s wax . The owner at tandy told me alot of people use the aussie wax and is a top seller. Thanks for all your help. Kellyw

I have a couple of cans of the Aussie Leather Conditioner and its great stuff! It smells wonderful as well. :) The finish it leaves is a tad duller than Atom Wax from Fiebings, but its plenty serviceable.

Dwayne I did a bit of reading and the guys say its good stuff. I was using light amounts of oil and thats no good . This works awesome. thanks all kellyw

Back