Bubble Jig basics 1 & 2 Video

Chris Martin

Fred,

I know it has been said before....but you are a true genius buddy. You have opened a new door for newb's such as myself and experienced makers alike. Thanks for taking the time to go into detail on your bubble jig. I have one of your clamps....I need to order the jig and wedges here soon.

Thanks again for taking the time to shoot these video's, Fred. Very helpful in understanding your system with the Bubble Jig.

2thumbs2thumbs

Chris

Fred Rowe

Fred,

I know it has been said before....but you are a true genius buddy. You have opened a new door for newb's such as myself and experienced makers alike. Thanks for taking the time to go into detail on your bubble jig. I have one of your clamps....I need to order the jig and wedges here soon.

Thanks again for taking the time to shoot these video's, Fred. Very helpful in understanding your system with the Bubble Jig.

2thumbs2thumbs

Chris
Chris,

My wife would disagree with the genius part, but helping people to gain confidence when they get in front of their grinder is very gratifying to me.

I have one of the Bubble jigs with your name on it, just let me know when you are ready.

Regards, Fred

Chris Martin

I think our wives would get along just fine......hehe

Thanks for holding one for me, Fred. Gotta wrap up a couple orders, get some monies....And order me one of them bad boyz. I think the wedges and bubbler will deff give me a good eye and feel for flat grinding! Cant wait2thumbs

Thanks, Fred!!!!

Chris

Chris,

My wife would disagree with the genius part, but helping people to gain confidence when they get in front of their grinder is very gratifying to me.

I have one of the Bubble jigs with your name on it, just let me know when you are ready.

Regards, Fred

Wayne Coe

Forum Owner - Moderator
Fred, thanks for the new videos. Much more information. I can't wait for tomorrow's video on finishing out the grind and the false edge.

It's a little more than a month now before I'm going to come to your shop for personal instruction and to pick up mine.

Sorry that I won't have it to take to the Batson Blade Symposium to show it off.

v-6

Fred , great show. I love the instructions.
I wish i had waited till now to get one just for the jig ( knife holder).
I'll be back to watch the false edge film.
I'm glad that was your wife filming , cause if it was mine, we would have to do it again.
vern

Fred Rowe

Fred, thanks for the new videos. Much more information. I can't wait for tomorrow's video on finishing out the grind and the false edge.

It's a little more than a month now before I'm going to come to your shop for personal instruction and to pick up mine.

Sorry that I won't have it to take to the Batson Blade Symposium to show it off.
Evening Wayne,

We made the drive to N. Carolina, this last weekend, to attend the ABS hammerin outside Ashville. Jim Batson was there pulling that event together and he treated us well. We had a great time and picked up some ideas that will be useful in the shop. I always learn something new about everywhere I go.

We are looking forward to your visit with us. When it gets a little closer to the date we'll nail it down so we can spend time in my shop. I would appreciate it if you would bring some of your metal work with you. I know a little about knives but not very much about the kind of work you turn out. I would be interested in seeing what you do close up.
I think spring has arrived around these parts and seeing the snow gone does not cause me any pain. A rough winter this year.

It looks like we will get the rest of the videos shot this weekend. They'll be up by Monday or Tuesday.

Fred

Fred , great show. I love the instructions.
I wish i had waited till now to get one just for the jig ( knife holder).
I'll be back to watch the false edge film.
I'm glad that was your wife filming , cause if it was mine, we would have to do it again.
vern
Hi Vern,

Good pictures or video, I think, really gets it across better than text. It does for me I know.

PM me if you want one of the bevel clamps. Since you already have the Bubble jig there is no problem getting you a clamp. The two pieces together is what really makes it work.
Regards, Fred

Wayne Coe

Forum Owner - Moderator
Fred I wish I had known you were coming down here. We would probably have been able to get together for a little while.

Fred Rowe

Wayne,

I appreciate that, sir. It may have been more than you would want to chew on, considering the "rough :D" companions I was traveling with.
The three of us headed south Friday morning about 6:30 and got back Sunday afternoon about two. They'll give me the business if they catch this thread.
:)Fred

Fred I wish I had known you were coming down here. We would probably have been able to get together for a little while.

bootstrap

Hi Fred. I am just getting started in knife making, and this is awesome find for me. I will be ordering of these in the next month or so. I can't wait to try with this jig. Thanks for putting it out there for others.

Fred Rowe

Welcome to the KD forums2thumbs

This jig will take years off the learning curve and make grinding blades a pleasure.
Here is a link to the http://www.bubblejig.com/ web site, for when you get ready to order.

Regards, Fred

Hi Fred. I am just getting started in knife making, and this is awesome find for me. I will be ordering of these in the next month or so. I can't wait to try with this jig. Thanks for putting it out there for others.

Fred Rowe

I'll be at Johnstown Ohio, for the hammerin on the weekend of the 15th of June. Hope to see you there.

Happy grinding, Fred