Blade WIP

opaul

Hey guys. I still have more to do on this blade but thought I would get your opinion on the profile. First clip point blade I've attempted.

For me, I have not had a burning desire for a curved clip point as any sort of working knife although I have done the straight clip on the bowie styled knives so my opinion on your blade has to be tempered by that.
Having said that, to my eye the point is lower than the centeline of the blade.

For me, I have not had a burning desire for a curved clip point as any sort of working knife although I have done the straight clip on the bowie styled knives so my opinion on your blade has to be tempered by that.
Having said that, to my eye the point is lower than the centeline of the blade.
Thanks Von! I've read the advantage of the clip point is more control with the tip and for piercing/stabbing. I'll have to check to see if the tip is below the center point. Based on your comment, I'm assuming it should.

Thanks Von! I've read the advantage of the clip point is more control with the tip and for piercing/stabbing. I'll have to check to see if the tip is below the center point. Based on your comment, I'm assuming it should.
As far as my mind sees the point in relation to the centerline of the knife, I see a low point needing a little up pressure to penetrate straight where a slighty higher point has a cutting as well as a straightline penetrating ability. May be all wrong but when I designed the long slow clip on the JT Ranger I kept the point above the centerline for that reason but the pig sticker that has a definite need to penetrate in a straight line I made the point at the centerline.

I like it. I can't tell about the centerline, but my wife tells me I can't see straight :). What are you looking to do for handles?

I like it. I can't tell about the centerline, but my wife tells me I can't see straight :). What are you looking to do for handles?
Thanks! I haven't decided on the material yet. I may go with paper micarta or something like African blackwood.

I really like it, OP. Blackwood all the way. But to be honest, the maroon micarta that you have been using is fine as frog hair too!

Back