Big Sale- Ivory, Koa & Lots More...

Discussion in 'Supplies: maker or collectors' started by J. Doyle, Dec 6, 2017.

1. J. Doyle

J. Doyle Dealer - Purveyor

I've got a bit of stuff to list here for sale. These are all really nice items...no junk or seconds here. They're just odds and ends of stuff from my collection that I probably won't get around to using. Thought I'd do a little pre Christmas sale to move it along. I think this stuff is priced pretty attractively.

All prices include free shipping to the US. Paypal preferred.

First on the list is a really nice piece of fossil walrus ivory tusk section. This is a beauty of a piece. It is VERY straight and pretty symmetrical in all dimensions. Very solid, no visible defects. This is almost the PERFECT size as is for a medium bowie/fighter and there is very little core and it's centered nicely on both ends so there is a lot of ivory if you wanted to trim it down or carve/shape it for a smaller knife too. You can still see the original price tag of $340 on this piece in the last pic.

4 1/4" long, 1 1/4" x 11/16" on the small end, 1 1/2" x 7/8" on the big end

Fossil Walrus Ivory tusk section: $275 SOLD
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a block of K&G stabilized koa. Beautiful natural two-tone. Pretty even on both sides. Premium full curl throughout. Nice large solid block.

#1: $50 SOLD Koa- 1 7/8" x 5" x 1 1/8"
    [​IMG]

Money-carta block. This is real shredded US $100 bills cast in alumalite resin. Polishes beautifully, nice and clear, not cloudy. Makes a pretty neat handle. This stuff is pretty rare I think and this is a nice big block.

#2: $45 SOLD Money-carta 2" x 5" x 1"
    [​IMG]

Next, a premium block of K&G stabilized buckeye burl. Awesome block, from my own personal collection. It has great colors and figures, contrasting solid eyes, rays, curl....a little bit of everything. Nice big solid block.

#3: $35 SOLD Buckeye Burl 1 15/16" x 5" x 1 1/8"
    [​IMG]

I have a 3 block bargain bundle next. 1 East Indian Rosewood, 1 smaller ringed gidgee and 1 santos rosewood. Both rosewoods are approximately 2" x 5" x 1".

#4: $45 SOLD Rosewood Bargain Bundle
    [​IMG]

Next is a large bundle of 15 sets of bookmatched scales. These are all premium scale sets out of my own personal collection. Some of these are still rough cut...not sanded smooth and you can still see the color and figure. I don't have the time to clean and sand all of these up but these are real winners. There is ironwood, claro walnut, blackwood, afzelia xylay, redwood burl, buckeye burl, box elder burl, curly maple and more. In my opinion, this is easily the best deal in this whole thread.

#5: $110 SOLD 15 sets of bookmatched scales ranging from 1/8" to 3/8" thick (most are 5/16+) and 4+ inches long
    [​IMG]

Lastly, I have 3 bargain bundles of 4 blocks each. Each bundle includes 3 very nice eastern hard curly maple blocks and 1 brazilian cherry (jaratoba) block. Brazilian cherry is super hard and dense, very stable and has beautiful color and takes a polish like glass. Maple blocks are roughly 1 3/4" x 5" x 1" and the cherry blocks are roughly 1 7/8" x 5" x 1" $40 each bundle.

#6: $40. SOLD
    [​IMG]

#7: $40 SOLD
    [​IMG]

#8: $40 SOLD
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 9:37 AM
    Ty Adams likes this.
  2. J. Doyle

I'd sell everything that's left in this thread for $115 shipped.

That's block 3 and bundles 4, 6 and 7 all for $115. That's a discount of $45 off the total list prices of those things.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 9:12 AM
  3. Ty Adams

Ty Adams KNIFE MAKER

Not even $10 a piece shipped!

J. Doyle likes this.
  4. J. Doyle

Yeah...and didn't last long either....this stuff is sold! :D