Beaumont Horizontal Grinder For sale

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
I have a Beaumont Horizontal Grinder for sale.
It has a single speed 1hp motor and extension plate to run 72" belts.
It works fine, I have another horizontal grinder and don't need two. I have it mounted to my grinder bench now and want to free up the space for a dedicated vertical grinder.

A new one with variable speed (this is single speed) and extension plate is around $1800
Variable speed set up (vs single speed) adds around $500 so...comparable could be around $1300
I'll sell this for $900 and throw in a 3/4" small wheel.

set up on my bench with extension plate.
IMG_3934.jpg

The motor is wired to a simple switch.
IMG_3935.jpg

The motor is mounted vertically to the grinder so it requires a hole in the bench. No big deal and it doesn't have to be precision.
IMG_3937.jpg

C. Killgore

I almost want this.

To be completely honest, I don't know what people use the horizontal for. Everybody talks about how great it is but I just have no idea what I would do with it.

I'd be pretty interested in hearing what people do with their horizontal grinders.

Last edited:

KenH

Let's keep discussions of pros and cons of horizontal grinders on their own thread, NOT Tracy's "for sale" thread.

Once you use a horizontal grinder some you'll like it.

C. Killgore

I meant no offense to the boss man. I was actually considering buying it which is why it ended up here. I can make a new thread about it. Wasn't asking for pros or cons... More like asking for someone to convince me that I needed it. And I felt like if people talked about what they used it for, it might garner more interest. C'est la vie

Last edited:

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
Basically, these are used to clean up profiles to 90 degrees. They are also used for contours that fit the small wheels (1/4" to 2") for handle shapes. I would not be without one. I have another and don't need two.

Aikenn

I have a Beaumont Horizontal Grinder for sale.
It has a single speed 1hp motor and extension plate to run 72" belts.
It works fine, I have another horizontal grinder and don't need two. I have it mounted to my grinder bench now and want to free up the space for a dedicated vertical grinder.

A new one with variable speed (this is single speed) and extension plate is around $1800
Variable speed set up (vs single speed) adds around $500 so...comparable could be around $1300
I'll sell this for $900 and throw in a 3/4" small wheel.

set up on my bench with extension plate.
View attachment 67044

The motor is wired to a simple switch.
View attachment 67043

The motor is mounted vertically to the grinder so it requires a hole in the bench. No big deal and it doesn't have to be precision.
View attachment 67045
Hey Tracy did u sell the horizontal grinder I have been off line for some time but now up and running Let me know

mike miller

KNIFE MAKER
Works wonders for those finger grooves keeping them crisp. Inside radius of slip joint folder springs grinding is a must.