Batteries

bubba-san

I know we have heard it many times .... these are the best so and so batteries you can get ' I have a flashlight that takes 2 CR EL123 LI batteries .

In you folks opinion, who makes the best batteries all a round ? in this size..... I have been told Fenix are pretty good for the dollar ? any thoughts on this . How about the Surefire batteries
heard some good things about them ??

Don't like the the rechargeable 3.7 li-ion . Caught one of my lights on fire ...real touchy things they are ..... Bubba

Last edited:
Bubba,

I would check with a store like Battery Plus. I would look for Nickel Metal Hydride batteries. At least these wont catch fire. Lithium batteries use flammable electrolyte so as you suggest they can be tricky. Just google Tesla fire ....

Dan

Batteries are my day job.... trying to make Knifes my fun job....

I knew there was a problem with the chargers , overcharging the Lithium batteries . I also read the electrolyte is wet . I had one catch on fire ...... I heard there Is a fairly new (dry )
electrolyte Lithium ? I wonder if it's any good .... I like the idea of recharging batteries . What is the best battery / charger combo ???/ for safety and effectiveness , quality.

Surefire batteries will be your best bet.

I only buy Flashlights that accept Rechargeables now. They are slightly larger diamiter and do not fit in some/most lights unless designed for them

I do not have exact recommendation for flashlights. My work is for very large batteries used on electric vehicles. But I would feel better with Nickel Metal Hydride battery riding around in my pocket. Dan

Back