Bad Experience with USAKnifemaker.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Presson

Everyone take a breather its not as big of a deal as its being made out to be. I dont think Tracy is going to loose a bunch of buisness over this post. He came and offered a response to original posters complaint.
I think the knifemaking community is close and we dont want to see one of our own being bad mouthed.....I get it.
No one needs to quit the forum or get to worked up about it or troll the original poster or each other over it.
Lets get back to talking knives and how to loose more of my money to tools and materials.

C Craft

Mr. Craft. I came to this forum because I wanted to look and learn from some really talented people on here. I am not here to get into any kind of conflict I have plenty of that already. The OP did not trash the vendor he did not bad mouth them he just stated what seems to be some facts regarding an incident with a retailer. I don't think the original post "seriously maligned the company" Now I am not a professional knife maker like you all. But I am a professional retailer, I have owned and operated major retail operations both in North America and in Asia. Perhaps my response should have been this is the way I would have handled it. You hammered the guy and came across as threatening. And I stand by my point that you were and are out of line on this.
Wager Machine Works, I will remember that name!!

So I am also done with the conversation and the forum.
NEILYEAG, I am going to do what I said I would not do and I am gonna take one more shot at this! YOU have the right to stand behind the point that you think I was out of line.

So let me try to explain this in a light you might understand!!! I am going to use a few excerpts from the original post. So bear with me!

"Quote" The price seemed a little lower than what I had seen it for previously, but I figured it must have been on sale or that had ordered too many of that size. So bit the bullet and ordered it. I was excited and couldn't wait to get a shipping confirmation. Instead I received a phone call today, 5/21/18, saying that there was a mistake, and the price displayed on the website was incorrect. They asked me if I wanted a refund or if I wanted to pay the extra $300+ dollars to settle up. I couldn't believe this, my excitement changed instantly to misery.

OK there was my first red flag, If you are looking at a $300+ difference, you knew there was something wrong and you were hoping that they would honor the misprint.

You say that you are, "a professional retailer, I have owned and operated major retail operations both in North America and in Asia."
Are you seriously, trying to tell me you are going to eat a $300.00 misprint on each order, that crossed the desk when the misprint was out there!!
Not no but NO! You are going to contact each and every person and let them know it was a misprint and you are willing/or not to work with them.

Then Wager went on to say, And they would not give me a discount or anything to meet me in the middle. This was not my fault at all, and they would not honor the fact that they made a mistake. I have screenshots from my computer as I completed the purchase process (I do this on most larger orders online)and it shows what the website displayed. I knew what I was ordering, and I know what the price was posted as. This was a mistake on their end, and they should have corrected it and made it right with me. Instead, they refunded my money and now the money will not be back in my account for 3-5 days, so I have to wait that long to order an oven elsewhere.

Having a screenshot is for your benefit on online orders. I agree this was their mistake but, come on that $300.00 difference speaks volumes to me!!

The part about not being able to get an immediate refund, that to me was a mute point. Sometimes money is moved from point A to point B and they can not get it back to you in that instant, sometimes you have to wait. After all they did say they were going to refund the money.

I do not know what happened here at this point, but I do know the company USA knifemakers.com has always done me right! So that leaves me with wondering, how this was handled, and what was said??

Then there is this, "Sorry if I rambled on, I just want to warn others of my first experience with this company and how they do business. Unfortunately, I will have to find somewhere else to purchase an oven. Its during tough times like this, where you see what a business actually has as their values, and thanks to the internet there are plenty of other business' I can try."

To me this is the equivalent of standing in a man's front yard and peeing down his well, while shouting, hey this a scuzzy low down person! NOT the way to do things!!

This post below from the man in charge proves what I have been saying all along!! If you give the person in charge a chance to handle the situation before you go off half-cocked and start posting how lousy their company is. It is probably the best approach!!
Nate,
I apologize for the issue. I understand your disappointment.

I was out today at a training class today or I would have called you myself.

As I understand it, this was a new item listed in the last couple days. The item picture and price displayed correctly initially but when a pull down checklist option for a controller type was selected the item then linked incorrectly to a different, lower priced oven but loaded into the shopping cart as the higher priced oven. The error was discovered when processing the order and you were contacted immediately. The programming pricing error was corrected as soon as we became aware of it. Again my apologies.

I asked Luke this afternoon to contact you about your choice of a $100 discount on an oven purchase if you are still interested or to give you a $50 gift certificate for the hassle. We would still like to have you as a customer. If you want to visit about it, let me know and I’ll give you a call.

Tracy

So once again NEILYEAG, I stand behind my post and yes I did hammer the guy!

However I do feel like he was trying to smooth the waters, "

To each their own, but thank you for taking the time to post here. And C Craft thank you for your service, I dont take that lightly."

I responded back to him, I do appreciate that, now I have a much better reason to remember WagerMachineWorks. Much better reason than any other!
That was my attempt as well to smooth the waters!

NEILYEAG, you have gone out of your way to make it a point that you did not like my attitude! I have told you each time, that was your right and privilege to feel the way you did!!

Your last post,
Mr. Craft. I came to this forum because I wanted to look and learn from some really talented people on here. I am not here to get into any kind of conflict I have plenty of that already. The OP did not trash the vendor he did not bad mouth them he just stated what seems to be some facts regarding an incident with a retailer. I don't think the original post "seriously maligned the company" Now I am not a professional knife maker like you all. But I am a professional retailer, I have owned and operated major retail operations both in North America and in Asia. Perhaps my response should have been this is the way I would have handled it. You hammered the guy and came across as threatening. And I stand by my point that you were and are out of line on this.
Wager Machine Works, I will remember that name!!

So I am also done with the conversation and the forum.

If you consider what he said as not trashing a vender, then I am sure you would not mind at all if someone, did the same to you or one of your business! Somehow I doubt that you would not consider this trashing!

I am not a professional knifemaker I am still learning and I would class myself, more as hobby level!! So no, I do not have my nose out of joint because of that!!

As for being done with the conversation, I am as well. The only reason I have came back to it this time, is in an attempt to clarify some of the items spoken of!

If you feel you have to leave that is up too you! Do not leave on my account!

I will say this one final thing I am old school. I stick up for something/someone because I feel it is the right thing to do, and you will not have to ask me to stick up for you!
I am at times blunt and too the point. I believe in calling it like I see it!! That doesn't always make me right but it also doesn't always make me wrong either!!!
I do not threaten or malign anyone! However if I feel you are wrong, I will tell you about it!!!!

So now we have both had our say, stick around and give me a reason to say, NEILYEAG, I will remember that name !!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.