Any one else see the total Eclipse?

Justin Presson

I got to see it in totality right in Liberty, MO where I work and have to say it was Awesome! They really hyped it up around here and I wasnt sure what to expect but it was pretty dang cool.

Pics suck but I tried.20170821_192437.jpg 20170821_192326.jpg

It was about 82% here in Tampa. It got to looking like it was about 6am here, but there was a noticeable temperature drop. (from like 100f down to 95f)

Yea, not much to see here in the Tampa area, reminded me of a prescribed burn I did in north Fla., there was so much smoke up in the air it blocked the sun and it looked like today around 3:00. it might have looked better up there it's 300 miles north of Tampa.
Oh well, I was around for the last one, I'll be here for the next. ;)

Our optimum time here was supposed to be 1:30 for an 85% eclipse. Our granddaughter gets off the bus around 2:10 PM, So it rains from 12:30 till about 1:45 and well,.......you can guess the rest it was too cloudy to see it!! Disappointed the little girl. Well she will have another chance I just probably won't be around to see it with her!!

That was what happened here also - sun was out around 12:30, clouds started forming, by 1:15 it was pretty cloudy, got heavy clouds, then by 2:30 the clouds had started to go away.

Later

We just lucked out then because it stormed in the morning and by 12:30 the clouds broke and we got to see it all and then not 10 minutes after total eclipse it was cloudy again.

We had 92% coverage here in Billings. It was dark for a short period and the temperature dropped 15°. That temperature swing is not uncommon in Montana but still pretty cool that the sun being blocked was the reason.
Casper Wy was one of the places that had 100% coverage. Our driver goes down there every Monday. It's normally a 4 hour drive. Today it was 6.

The family and I feel fortunate to live in beautiful East Tennessee. We were also lucky to be in that 70 mile wide path of a total eclipse. I thought it was a very cool experience to have with the family.

Our optimum time here was supposed to be 1:30 for an 85% eclipse. Our granddaughter gets off the bus around 2:10 PM, So it rains from 12:30 till about 1:45 and well,.......you can guess the rest it was too cloudy to see it!! Disappointed the little girl. Well she will have another chance I just probably won't be around to see it with her!!

You be around Cliff, only have to wait 7 years and it happens again but arcs the opposite direction across the states! Good time for a road trip with the family!

I ended up east of KC Justin, at Columbia. I'll post some pics later maybe. Traffic was horrible, didn't get back home til after midnight! Took 6 hours to get there, 9 to get home. It was worth it though, that was an amazing sight, no regrets.

We only had about 70% here in central Texas, but I'm already planing for 2024. The projected path will put my farm about 15 miles inside the 100% zone.

Back