An update to my "Split Personality" Flipper!

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Been having more "good" days than bad lately, so I've finally got to work on something I've wanted to for a while. Those who've know/followed me for a while will recognize the term "Split Personality"...... so here's and update on the design.

After posting the video.... I realized it didn't do the knife justice....so here are some still images.....

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
This one is mine! I was giving it the once over before taking pics, and found a flaw that I can't let out of the shop. At one spot in it's arc of travel, the detent "falls" into the stop pin channel and back out.....unacceptable. It was a flaw in my design.....so a bit of redesign to prevent it, some new templates, and now there are more in the works! I'll get them done as my body allows. Last 3 days have pretty much been spent in the recliner dealing with the Lupus and Fibro pain. I'm beginning to learn that when the barometer changes quickly, it spells trouble for me. I just do what I can, when I can, and thank God for the "good" days.

Bruce McLeish

This one is mine! I was giving it the once over before taking pics, and found a flaw that I can't let out of the shop. At one spot in it's arc of travel, the detent "falls" into the stop pin channel and back out.....unacceptable. It was a flaw in my design.....so a bit of redesign to prevent it, some new templates, and now there are more in the works! I'll get them done as my body allows. Last 3 days have pretty much been spent in the recliner dealing with the Lupus and Fibro pain. I'm beginning to learn that when the barometer changes quickly, it spells trouble for me. I just do what I can, when I can, and thank God for the "good" days.
When the humidity goes up is when I go kaplooie.