Alittle help with a unique request...

Lagrange

I recently had a prospective customer ask me about making a knife using a wild turkey leg for the handle. He explained that the spur could serve as a finger guide. Personally, I cant imagine a knife like this, but if you have seen something like this, or have made something like this, or have an idea of how to do a knife like this...please give me your input. I could sure use your help.

Eric the first person that comes to mind is Wade Hougham.. Maybe ask him ? He's always making cool stuff like that.

There's a photo on here, I don't remember who, of a knife made with a cat femur leg. Mountain Lion I believe. Would a turkey leg be strong enough? I'm thinking not unless it was treated in some fashion.

Eric,
I have never used a turkey leg but after seeing Darrin's pic I would sure like to. Personally I would leave off the brass guard and just use the spur. Be sure and post a pic if and when you do one.

Wade

Lagrange that looks like a fun one to build,i would agree with wade leave brass off maybe some sinew wrap like wade,wait do you see a wade theme here or is it me :p .
I now you you will come up with some thing cool!

Back