Alec Steel Youtube channel

Justin Presson

Has anyone watched this kid?

I stumbled onto his youtube channel and got hooked watching a bunch of his videos.

They are really well done videos and his energy is pretty infectious. Its also fun to watch as he does not have a ton of bladesmithing experience and makes some mistakes along the way and not afraid to show it.

Any way if your board and want to watch some blacksmithing and bladesmithing I recommend it.

I had not looked at his channel. Now, I have. When and if I get more time, I will watch a few more. thanks for the whats up!

I have been watching for quite a while now but would rather the editing would leave some of the real time action, especially with the hammer work to show how the steel moves with each strike at least for a half dozen or so blows and then he can go to the fancy speeds etc.

Yes he is entertaining and fun for sure. I assume this is what he does for a living now.
How does one make money on YouTube? I heard you have to have atleast 10k subscribers or something and then per 1k views with ads enabled...I dont know.
Anthony you are pretty youtube savy any idea?

Yes he is entertaining and fun for sure. I assume this is what he does for a living now.
How does one make money on YouTube? I heard you have to have atleast 10k subscribers or something and then per 1k views with ads enabled...I dont know.

I don't know on the YouTube thing but he sells all kinds of stuff including hand forged hammers!

I think they did change a rule last year about 10,000 lifetime views before you can get paid. They were having a bunch of scammers making new accounts or something. Anyway, once you're eligible you have to sign up for an AdSense account. There is a minimum threshold payout amount of $100, so you probably won't receive a payment every month. Now, if you're an Alec Steele you are proobably getting a huge check every month, but us little guys can only hope to pick up about $50-$75 a month. Youtube is a hobby all by itself, takes a long time to figure out all the tricks of how it works. There's all kinds of little secrets and tricks.

I think they did change a rule last year about 10,000 lifetime views before you can get paid. They were having a bunch of scammers making new accounts or something. Anyway, once you're eligible you have to sign up for an AdSense account. There is a minimum threshold payout amount of $100, so you probably won't receive a payment every month. Now, if you're an Alec Steele you are proobably getting a huge check every month, but us little guys can only hope to pick up about $50-$75 a month. Youtube is a hobby all by itself, takes a long time to figure out all the tricks of how it works. There's all kinds of little secrets and tricks.

Thats one of the reasons I really dont have any desire for a YT channel. Well that and being ugly!!
But I do subscribe to some of those smaller channel guys that I like to hopefully help get them a few bucks in their pockets for their efforts.

Thats one of the reasons I really dont have any desire for a YT channel. Well that and being ugly!!
But I do subscribe to some of those smaller channel guys that I like to hopefully help get them a few bucks in their pockets for their efforts.
Heck, I'm ugly, doesn't stop me! :)

I would like to start making some YouTube videos, not that I have alot of new info to offer I just think I would like to document some of it and who knows the kids might get a kick out of watching them when Im an old man :)

I have got 35 youtube wideos uploaded and while they are not groundbreaking they cover a range of subjects from hunting trips through forge build,knife sharpening, sheath making and on to sausage and salami making among other subjects. I would like to be a bit more knowlegable on the editing side of things but I enjoy passing on what I have learned over the years.

Back