ABS Hammer In this weekend

It was nice to meet you Teddy. (I'm Neil) It was nice to see Burton and Moony too.
Unfortunately I'm afraid I missed Fred.

By the way Teddy, you ought to tell everyone what a wonderful thing BossDog did with the pay it forward table.
I would, but I don't know all the details and want to make sure all credit is properly given, and accurately.

You're a "A #1 class act" BossDog. :35::35::35::35::35:

Last edited:
Hey Neil..I had so much fun it should be illegal. The pay-it forward idea was a huge success.

Many, many thanks to all the sponsors who sent in items for the table. I posted what my plans were and all of a sudden I started getting messages that I should expect packages for the'table'. I didn't expect that.

Midwestern Knife Makers supply (Tracey) sent in steel, handle materials and other goodies. Cas-ker Co. supplied a couple of NEW flexshaft machines, and someone donated some great stag, among others. The final result-- the table raised over $1,076.00 for the ABS, and it allowed a LOT of new knifemakers to have some 'supplies' to work with that they would not have been able to afford otherwise.

It was a lot of fun watching people ask the price of something and tell them that there were no prices---just to put whatever they could afford in the 'box'. We made a lot of new knifemakers ( and some old ones very happy. Thanks to one and all for making this possible. ...Teddy

I've attended this event three years in a row and must say this was a special weekend. Sorry I missed you Neil; I got a late start on Friday, got sick on the way, drove back home and laid on the floor for two hours, then headed out again. The second try was successful.
Teddy thanks again for the shelter and food; man you can cook :)
I made it to 4 demos and saw folks I don't get a chance to see often. Thanks SOFA members for the favor.

Fred

Back