A simpler one this time...Small Bowie!

Patrice Lemée

Well it was suppose to be simpler anyway. :( Ended up taking quite a bit of time. It is a take down again. (pics of it dismantled coming in the next few days)

Since I am trying to follow advices received and be more confident I'll only point out the problems with the knife that are apparent on the pics. The hamon is a little close to the edge for my taste in a few spots. Didn't know it was gonna move that much. But then again 1095 and Parks 50 does produce nice results. The marks you see on the inside of the top of the handle is because I dimpled the scales before gluing them together but forgot that I was gonna thin them down quite a bit that close to the guard. Would have shown a little less if I had colored the epoxy. :( And finally the second pseudo-guard should really be about 1/8” closer to the guard. Not really enough place for 2 fingers above it and a little too much for one.

But that being said, I am pretty happy with it. I think it came out good. See I am Mr. Confidence now.;)

Blade length: 6” OAL: 11”
Grind: Flat
Steel: 1095
Handle: Honey brown flame maple (stabilized)
Guards & pommel: Mild steel (1018) blued, copper inserts
Nut: Mild steel (1018)

small_bowie01.jpg

small_bowie02.jpg

small_bowie03.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Wow with work like that your confidence should be high that's
A beautiful piece
God Bless
Rodney

Last edited:
Patrice excellent work , I think your spending alot of excess time on making a take down . I really dont know why some one would want to take apart a work of art like that. Love the curly maple and a nice finish . kellyw

Back