A few recent works

Matt de Clercq

image.jpgimage.jpgI am stuck at the court house for jury duty today so I thought I would take advantage of the abrupt slow down to my week to post some pictures of some hunting knives I have recently finished. All questions, comments and discussions are welcome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 34
Very nice, I like wood or synthetic bolsters.
I was at a court house a couple years ago and while standing in line 2-3 people away from the metal detector with about twenty people behind me I realized I was wearing a neck knife, of course they found it and alerted all kinds of security, kind of freaking me out, but they let me go outside and put it in my truck, unlike an airport.

image.jpg
Here's my accidental court house carry.

Very nice, I like wood or synthetic bolsters.
I was at a court house a couple years ago and while standing in line 2-3 people away from the metal detector with about twenty people behind me I realized I was wearing a neck knife, of course they found it and alerted all kinds of security, kind of freaking me out, but they let me go outside and put it in my truck, unlike an airport.

Hey Steve,
I remembered to leave my pocket knife in the truck but I forgot about the little slip joint on my key chain. I didn't even realize it until later in the day. I have to go back tomorrow so hopefully I will remember to do a complete search prior. Thanks for the kind words, I like the wood/synthetic bolster look too. I like that they don't add weight, how they look and that the materials are usually a similar hardness so shaping and sanding is a bit easier. I would like to try a G10 guard one of these days.

Thanks for the input Justin. I like the one with OD bolsters and spalted maple the most but was pleasantly surprised by how the dark knife came out. It was an idea that a friend came up with. It was nice to grind on some carbon steel after doing so much stainless work and I would have never picked blue spacers but now that it's done I think it was a good suggestion. Live and learn I guess.

Thanks for the comment Mark. That word "clean" means a lot to me. I enjoy your IG feed. Beautiful stuff.

Back