A couple of recent knives

Cazador

These knives are the most recent ones from my shop. The first one I built for a friend from the @americanlegionpost113 here in E-Town. The knife was a challenge for me as it was the largest blade I’ve made to date, chef’s knives excluded. This is the second iteration as the first one I jacked up the temper on the blade when I was grinding it and had to start over. On this one when I was taking it out of the heat treat oven the blade started to slip from the tongs and like an idiot I went to stop it with my non gloved hand and promptly branded myself. Anyway, the OAL of the knife is 13” made from 1084 steel. The cutting edge is 6 ¼”. The handle material is polyester purple pearl from Masecraft.

IMG_1401.JPGIMG_1402.JPG

The second knife is a custom build based entirely on the customer’s design. I was a bit hesitant to do the order but I think it turned out pretty nice. The last picture is the original drawing from the customer. The knife was made from AEB-L steel with a full flat grind. It has an overall length of the knife is 6 5/8". The blade measures approximately 3 1/8" with a cutting edge of approximately 2 7/8". The bolsters are toxic green G-10 with a mosaic pin. The remainder of the handle is F40 Carbon Fiber from AJ Composites.
IMG_1437.JPGIMG_1443.JPGIMG_1375.JPG

very nice Frank! How did the customer like the bottom one? It seems you did a little artistic license and made the design flow much nicer!

very nice Frank! How did the customer like the bottom one? It seems you did a little artistic license and made the design flow much nicer!
Thanks Ted! It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but the all pictures I sent him he seemed pleased with it.

Well that's rather nice. That's a very intriguing blade design you have on that first one, however may I ask why you decided to put the handle so far up?

Well that's rather nice. That's a very intriguing blade design you have on that first one, however may I ask why you decided to put the handle so far up?
No particular reason. When I sent my buddy the drawing of it prior to making it, he like it.

Back