#3 Knife

Rob Nelson

#3: my first from a flat bar.

1080, HT/edge quenched by O'Machearley, etched by me.
10" OAL, 5.25" blade, 1/8" thick. My first jimping. Long clip point, chickened out on a swedge.
Black/Green G10, black receiver screws, no lanyard hole, no epoxy. Mrs. Nelson said she likes the zig-zag. I freehanded the cross and counter drilling (joy).
9v makers mark "Shepherd's Cross" ... still prison tat quality, but getting better.

img2817.jpg

img2818.jpg

img2819.jpg

Rudy Joly

You're a driven man Chaps.
They're noticably getting better with each one you do.
I can see that one dressed up in kydex, have you tried it yet ? If not, it's time to expand your skills.:biggrin:

What's a Woter ?
Whatever it is .......your bible is safe from it.:lol:

Looking good,
Rudy

Justin King

Lookin' good, Chap! I wasn't really wondering but now I have an idea who may have got the last of that 1/4" black/green G10...rumor I heard was it may not be re-stocked:sad:

Justin King

Justin,
Masecraft and Jantz has it.

Rudy
I appreciate that, Rudy.
I probaby have enough on hand to last me maybe until I get tired of it, but it's all .150" thick. Mostly I was just giving Chaps a hard time while pointing out his fine taste in synthetics...

CTaylorJr

Me thinks the Padre is rocking!

Great looking work sir for #3, I can only imagine (yes I said that, pun intended) what 4, 5, and 6 will look like!

Charlie

Rob Nelson

Me thinks the Padre is rocking!

Great looking work sir for #3, I can only imagine (yes I said that, pun intended) what 4, 5, and 6 will look like!

Charlie

Thanks Charlie! #s 4 through 10 are templated out waiting on a package from Aldo :biggrin:

Aldo

Hey Chaps,

I know that delivery got there! I'm looking forward to seeing the next one.

Rob Nelson

Hey Chaps,

I know that delivery got there! I'm looking forward to seeing the next one.

Sure did, sorry I didn't write! I'm doing my last minute tweaking in CAD before I start cutting.

I don't know if this is weird, but I'm nervous to start. :)

Aldo

Just remember the line about the worst day you could ever have.(Phil.1:21). With that said, I got a lot more steel! Just run it!

Last edited:
B

Bush Monkey

Nice looking knife. What did you use to make the serrations? Thanks for posting.

Semper Fidelis

Rob Nelson

Nice looking knife. What did you use to make the serrations? Thanks for posting.

Semper Fidelis

That was free handed with a dremel using a worn grinding wheel that had rounded out. I practiced the motion on my shop dummy knife, then marked the centers and did a mental countdown on each so it was roughly consistent. I lined my wrist up so the shaft was in line with the spine and moved from the handle forward sliding my wrist forward resting on the handle; there's a slightly larger curve on the tip side of each cut than on the tail side, if that helps.