2x48 Grinder

jwood

So I've been making knives for a couple years now and I am sick of my 1x30 and filling jig. It can take a week to do one knife! and I have six sitting on my bench right now. So Im looking at the kalamazoo 2x48 (with out the motor) and the 2x48 multi tool. I know everyone will say the KMG or Coote or Grizz but the fact is I'm saving up for College and it's expensive and I have limited funds right now and $300 is maxing out my budget. I know a 2x72 is better but i want something that can hog steel and help me sell more knives and faster. So do any of you have experience with either of these tools or any suggestions?

Get the Sear's Crapsmen 2 x 48 If you burn it out you can take it back and get a new one from them. As long as you haven't modified it and I think the want the recent.

But I still say, Get a Coote! You can put one together with pulleys and most any motor that's 1hp or larger. It doesn't have to be a TEFC frame sealed motor. about $700-800.00 tops for the 2 x 72 8" wheel. If you go 6" wheel maybe less.

Besides, If you really want to make and sell knives faster get the 2 x 72. Also the belts are a better deal on the 2 x 72" per inch.

Good luck and I wish you luck with college.

Thanks Laurence, I guess I'll have to look into the craftsman. However is there maybe a cheaper way into a 2x72 aside from the Coote?

Back