2mm stainless steel spring material

KDX

I bought a book on making lockback knives and 2mm stainless steel (1.4310 steel) is recommended. Where could I find this material, or a North American equivalent. Thanks in advance.

Thanks. I went to a hobby shop and found some 0.078". I watched your slip joint making videos and really liked them. I was looking to make a Lanny's Clip knife and I left a message on your website regarding your plan.

Thanks. I went to a hobby shop and found some 0.078". I watched your slip joint making videos and really liked them. I was looking to make a Lanny's Clip knife and I left a message on your website regarding your plan.

Richard, right?

Looking forward to seeing your work!

I started on your pattern. It seemed like a waste to heat treat one knife so I'm doing two. CPM154 for the blade and spring.

IMG_20160226_134536_zpsbrh4pzqa.jpg

Looking forward to the finished product. I think I mentioned it in my video, but that Lanny's Clip pattern was adapted from Tony Bose's original design, and more/less just scaled down. I had to fill in the blanks on the spring and the blade tang/kick, but I just wanted to make sure Mr. Bose got the credit for the pattern.

Back