2018 KD Members Choice Awards - NON TACTICAL FIXED BLADE Under 10" (Over all)

jkf96a

This is my most interesting one this year. The steel is 33 layers of 1084/15n20, and the other half of this billet was in my Forged in Fire final weapon. The guard is wrought iron from my great-great grandfather's wagon wheel out of Spicewood, TX. The spacers are WW2 practice bomb metal. The handle material is osage/bodark fence post from a fence built in 1912 along the railroad between Abilene and Dallas. Photo by Cory Martin.

This is my most interesting one this year. The steel is 33 layers of 1084/15n20, and the other half of this billet was in my Forged in Fire final weapon. The guard is wrought iron from my great-great grandfather's wagon wheel out of Spicewood, TX. The spacers are WW2 practice bomb metal. The handle material is osage/bodark fence post from a fence built in 1912 along the railroad between Abilene and Dallas. Photo by Cory Martin.
If I can ask how did you decide on the pin placement(s)?

jkf96a

If I can ask how did you decide on the pin placement(s)?
Bad math, lol. The top and bottom rows are distributed evenly 1/4 of the distance along that edge. Middle two are at the center of the X made by the four adjacent pins that box it in. Everything's based on a proportion and centered, but still ended up with 11 pins :)

Bad math, lol. The top and bottom rows are distributed evenly 1/4 of the distance along that edge. Middle two are at the center of the X made by the four adjacent pins that box it in. Everything's based on a proportion and centered, but still ended up with 11 pins :)
Don't take it as a critique I think the build is complimented by multiple smaller pins I was just curious about how you decided that is all. The knife is art by the way, truly impressive.