2016 KD Members Choice Awards - BEST NEW BUILDER

Discussion in 'KnifeDogs Choice Awards' started by Brad Lilly, Dec 31, 2016.

?

Best New Builder

Poll closed Feb 25, 2017.
  1. Sleestack

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Ty Adams

18 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. Brad Lilly

Brad Lilly Moderator and Awards Boss

Post your nominations here. The nominee should have less than 2 years experience knifemaking. Please include a picture of the makers work

2. Self Made Knives

Self Made Knives Well-Known Member

I'd like to nominate Sleestack for new builder. Sorry, don't know his real name, just his forum handle. He posted this knife as his first knife and I was very impressed.

[​IMG]

3. J. Doyle

J. Doyle Dealer - Purveyor

I nominate Ty Adams. He has come a long way in a very short time and turning out some really nice knives:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  4. Jim Moenck

Jim Moenck Well-Known Member

I'd like to nominate Daniel Rohde. I met Daniel last August at the Knifedog Hammer-in. I've seen his work develop over the last couple of years, and considering he is 18 years old, I think he is one to keep an eye on. He is making some very fine knives.
    [​IMG]

5. Cubane

Cubane Well-Known Member

Wow this was a tough one to pick who to vote for

6. Wayne Bensinger

Wayne Bensinger Well-Known Member

Tell you what guys, this is tough. But I'm gonna second that vote Daniel Rohde, he's really got some clean lines and very nice choices of materials that compliment each other. I've been noticing his work a lot lately and really like it.

Wayne

7. Daniel Rohde

Daniel Rohde Well-Known Member

I really think Ty Adams deserves this one this year. I'm not sure I even should be in the running for this anymore.

8. Jim Moenck

Jim Moenck Well-Known Member

Daniel, you are wrong about that. You are doing some great work, and a lot of people are taking notice.

9. Ty Adams

Ty Adams KNIFE MAKER

Well thanks Daniel. But you meet all the criteria, and are doing some amazing work.

10. Brad Lilly

Brad Lilly Moderator and Awards Boss

Actually I need to apologize for an oversight. Daniel won best new builder last year. We only want someone to win best new builder once. So again I'm sorry for not catching and correcting this earlier

11. Daniel Rohde

Daniel Rohde Well-Known Member

Thanks Brad! That's what I thought/ was trying to say. I hope Ty gets it this year! It would be well deserved.

12. Jamestdeans

Jamestdeans New Member

I nominate Ty Adams.

13. Jamestdeans

Jamestdeans New Member

Well, I vote for him, he's already nominated..