12c27 & cocobolo kitchen knife

mikew

Hi. Here are some pictures of a little guy I finished off recently. Please feel free to comment :)

9801201074_c2c7953df9_z.jpg

9801235786_baf38e811d_z.jpg

9801234735_a6843704c7_z.jpg

Sweet little Santoku style blade!
I like the ergo of the handle too! I have heard that Culinary knives are the only ones you can make in the UK without a licence? Is that true?

Hi Laurence, thanks.

Not sure where you heard that but it's definitely not true. With a few exceptions you can make what you like. Whether you can walk down the street with it though is a different matter!

Hi Laurence, thanks.

Not sure where you heard that but it's definitely not true. With a few exceptions you can make what you like. Whether you can walk down the street with it though is a different matter!

Obviously from a misinformed person! lol
That's why I thought I would ask a knife maker that lives in the UK.

Sweet little Santoku style blade!
I like the ergo of the handle too! I have heard that Culinary knives are the only ones you can make in the UK without a licence? Is that true?

You are getting mixed with the Scottish law. Basically without a license in Scotland you can sell only domestic knives. Which are basically food prep or gardening knives. It only covers Scotland because apparently any other knife is a weapon.

You are getting mixed with the Scottish law. Basically without a license in Scotland you can sell only domestic knives. Which are basically food prep or gardening knives. It only covers Scotland because apparently any other knife is a weapon.

Now I didn't know that.

Back