I remember reading youre first post about this knife, it looks like the correct tool for the job!
Oh yes i like youre logo, I wanted to use the longhorn skull for mine but opted for the kind off tribal look! It took me a long time to design(8 months to a year due to designing...
I hate it when other peeps screw things the wrong way for people that uses it correctly!
Leave some one elses stuff alone(thats for Hackers and even thieves)
Sorry to hear Boss, Hope you get a TECH savvy bloke that can fix us!
Hell Sam that looks very nice! I think with the Brian Brazeal "Base" in there it gives it more weight! Have you forged with it and does this setup work for you!? Again that is a purdy sturdy stand!
Hi Boss thank you for this opportunity this forum Rocks:rockon: I kinda did a WIP last week also, :happy:hope it Qualifies here is the link:
Hi Keith no the other blades is from other members of South African Blade Smith Association, it was done as a built off for this year the guys really support it!! I appreciate the kind words Ps I love your`e work!
@ Stefan Thanx I love this 1070 it gives the nicest Hamon when doing an edge quench!
@ Brad yeah it sucks but I’ve learned from my mistake, luckily I could save the project.
I forgot to add the proportions it is: total length is 1 meter blade length is 45cm and handle 30cm Sheath 70cm
PS: My locking mechanism is not working as it should so I’m still trying to create a new lock for this cane that I can use it!
This was a huge learning curve for me as knife maker and I have found out its not that easy!
These are the swords we (SABA) had at the Guild show on display...
After gluing I found that the blade were not straight and tried to bend it, BEEEEG mistake my tempering was done for a knife and not a sword and I Snapped it
At this stage I sat down all energy drain and no hope for tomorrow:hang:, with a lot of self petty:noway:!!
I phoned a friend...
Here is a friends little dremel tool I used with a adapter as a router, it is to carve into the handle and sheath to insert a “washer” of brass on the handle and a piece of stainless on the sheath with computer hard drive magnets underneath them for a locking mechanism when the sword is closed...
I use long curing epoxy Epidermix 372 on the sheath and am now ready to put them together and clamp it down!
All clamped now have to wait approx 24 hrs
I grinded the blade up to 400 and hand sanded to 600#
Now its time to grind out the handle part with the knob design included...
Directly after HT no grinding only cleaned with a cloth almost no scale.
The wood was split in the middle for the sheath part and the blade marked out for “carving” with a router
Carved / Routed
Drilled some holes for strength and grip when I epoxy it