Phase Converter

Billy Helton

Here is a simple way to do a phase convert. I have had several people ask how to do it so I figured that other people might need to know.

Feel free to ask questions I will try to keep a eye on this thread for a few days in case there are questions, or send me a PM.

100_0350.jpg

100_0351.jpg

converterdiagram.png

convertdes001.jpg

Last edited:
I am going to have to keep this information in case I need it. Of course by the time I do need it I won't remember where it is at.

I wish I was smarter about things like this. The diagram looks like alien writing to me. I have to have the wiring in front of me to understand things like this.

Billy, the next time we get together ask me about the big blue ball of light I saw, and heard, while doing some electrical work. Makes my joints tingle just thinking about it.

SDS

Cool project. I've got a couple of Bader Space Savers that are just saving space until I come up with something similar.

Good info,nice and simple.

I don't think you intended to draw the switch on the 110v. motor that way?

May not be obvious to some.

MBehnke

Good info,nice and simple.

I don't think you intended to draw the switch on the 110v. motor that way?

May not be obvious to some.

MBehnke

Thank you mark, yes I did draw it wrong the neutrals should be toghether and the blacks should go one on each side of the switch. Im sorry about that I will try to fix it above Thanks

phase converters built here in this little town

yes,
here where i live in Mudzoory a small company makes all the phase converters
for Grizzly Tools
buzz

I must be slow but what is the "end motor" that the 3 phase switch is sending power to?

The end motor would be what ever you are trying to run. Example, My press I have it wired to a switch to turn the ( end motor) hydralic pump motor on. My surface grinder has a built in switch so you just wire it into the box. Hope this helps you If you have any more questions fire away....

Back