Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Thread: If you use a Disc Grinder...You need this!

If you use a Disc Grinder...You need this!

For about that last month or so, I've been testing a new system for disc grinders. It consists of a "hub" that attaches to a 5/8" motor shaft, and it has interchangeable "face plates".

This is about the best tool that I've seen come down the pike in a long time! It allows you to change "discs" on your Disc Grinder in a matter of seconds, saves a ton of time, as well as keeps you from having to waste sandpaper every time you want/need to change grits.

There's far too much information about it to include in a forum thread, so I built a quick web page. You can see it here:

Disc Grinder with Interchangeable Face Plates

I don't give recommendations for tools often, or lightly. This thing has saved me a ton of time and kept me from wasting lots of sandpaper! I'm not getting anything out of this, just wanted to share a great time and money saving tool with everyone.

The gentleman who invented/produces this system (Rod Nielsen) has worked really hard to ensure that everything about it is right, and I think he's done a great job. For what you get it's reasonably priced too!

www.caffreyknives.net
    Caffreyknives@Gmail.com

"Nobody cares what you know.....until they know you care."
    Visit me at Table 2R at the Blade Show!

My friend built me a similar system for my vertical disc grinder a few years ago (which is much easier than a horizontal), and I have saved a ton on time and sanding discs. I cannot imagine making knives without it.

Great design and it looks very well built. The price looks good for all the work that went into it.

Pretty ingenious

I just got back home from the Southern Alberta hammer-in hosted by Jim Clow. I have to say that I have NEVER had as good a time a t a Hammer-in as I did this weekend. While I was there, I had the pleasure of meeting with Rod Nielson. He allowed me to spend some time working with his disk system. I have to say that this is probably the slickest thing I have ever seen for a disk grinder. I have often said that if I could have just one power tool in my shop, it would be my disk grinder with the vfd and 1 degree bevel face. Well now I will add to that Rod's removable disk system. I was really surprised at how precise the removable plates fit the main disk and how well the rare earth magnets hold it in place.
    Needless to say, I now own one and can't wait to get working on it in my shop!!
    [B]Steven Kelly
    A.B.S. J.S.

S.K. Knives LLC
    11407 Spotted Fawn Ln.
    Bigfork, Mt. 59911
    (406)837-1489

Blade Show Table 9-R