Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sterling Silver Gator Belt Buckle

Sterling Silver Gator Belt Buckle

I wanted to share one of my jewelry creations when I was doing wax carving a few years ago,This is made & cast from sterling silver.I'm soon to resume my wax carving for my upcoming silver bolsters for my art knives,Kinda ala William & Henry.My intentions are to grind my tacticals traditionally,Leave my blade carving to more artsy folders.David Broadwell's folders have inspired to persue more art type folders in the near future,Carved natural materials.

I have some ideas about carving some interesting patterns & textures,animal compositions.I've been making tacticals for 6 years now,I feel it's time to move to more ornate folders & jewelry accessories.Cool belt buckles,Lanyard beads,etc....I'll continue to make tacticals.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."

Great work. I would like to see some lanyard beads.

click on picture to go to my site

Jeff,Me Too!I just acquired more room in the basement to do my wax carving.Excited about getting back to making some cool jewelry pieces,It's been 5 years since I last carved on wax.I checking into the possibilities of taking my wax models & having them cast in titanium & stainless steel.

That will be very cool.keep us posted.

click on picture to go to my site

Hey Rick,

I think that's a wonderful plan. It suits your talents well. I can't wait to see what you have coming!!
    Curt Wommack
    wommackcustomcutlery.com
    Stone Mountain, GA

Curt,Thanks.I love to design & make tacticals,But I feel it's time for me to step up into more artsy creations.Thus allowing me more funds to continue my goal to be full-time,Knives & jewelry on my table can't hurt!

I remember talking with you about that very thing at Blade last year. I think it's absolutely the right thing for you. Besides you might even find a way to allow some of the "artsy" to subtly migrate into the tactical from time to time. $$ Cha Ching $$

Good luck with it!
    Curt Wommack
    wommackcustomcutlery.com
    Stone Mountain, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Wommack View Post
    I remember talking with you about that very thing at Blade last year. I think it's absolutely the right thing for you. Besides you might even find a way to allow some of the "artsy" to subtly migrate into the tactical from time to time. $$ Cha Ching $$

Good luck with it!
    Curt,We did discuss me doing more art folders at Blade last year.Cha Ching is a good thing!2thumbs

Rick,

The belt buckel is very nice. Great detail.

I can only see things getting better for you if you go the art rout. Already you have a great blend of tactical and art. I think you would make some very beautiful art knives.
    - Daniel :sleeping dog:

Daniel,Thanks.I have some Bertie Reitvelt damascus & Chad Nichols to make my first real bling folder with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast