Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Thread: Liner Lock with zirconium and Micarta

Liner Lock with zirconium and Micarta

Just finished this one up over the weekend. It was a custom order for a gentleman over in CA who was very specific about materials and finishes. All in all, I think it represents some of my best work to date. Specs: Blade-CPM154, Scales-Micarta, Bolsters-zirconium, Liners and pocket clip-anodized titanium. Let me know what you think. I'm always open to critique.

DSC_0254.JPGDSC_0255.JPGDSC_0256.JPG
    Brandant Robinson

I'm not addicted to knife making . . . really . . . I can stop any time. I just don't want to.

Brandant Robinson on Facebook
    Instagram: @brandantrobinson

Nothing to critique there....Beautiful! Love that blade shape...looks super handy for anything I ever use a pocket knife for.
    Thanks,
    Smallshop (AKA Ted Hauser)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God puts the iron in the ground and the highlights in the wood....it's His stuff, we just get to work with it....make it nice.

Most excellent. You are really getting better and better with each knife that you make.

DeMo

This is my favorite of your knives to date. Fantastic! That finish is gorgeous.

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the kind words. I had a lot of fun with this one. Had a couple of firsts with this one such as the deep-carry pocket clip attached to the spacer, and the zirconium bolsters. I didn't find the zirconium too much of a problem and it finished out beautifully. Again, thanks for taking the time to comment.
    Brandant Robinson

I'm not addicted to knife making . . . really . . . I can stop any time. I just don't want to.

Looks great Brandant, be careful not to breath any of that zirconium dust, it's supposed to be especially nasty to your lungs.
    Steve Miller
    Voting member Knifemakers guild since 1997
    Founding member Florida Knifemakers Association 2003
    http://millerknives.com

Blue lives matter

Make America Great Again !

Quote Originally Posted by bladegrinder View Post
    Looks great Brandant, be careful not to breath any of that zirconium dust, it's supposed to be especially nasty to your lungs.
    I heard the same thing, Steve. I wear a respirator no mater what I'm grinding and take personal protection very serious. Thanks for the warning.

Brandant Robinson