Welcome to KnifeDogs

A Family Friendly Knife Oriented Community Founded For Knifemakers, Collectors, & Enthusiasts.

•  » Forums for individual knife dealers.
  •  » Forums for businesses supporting the knife industry.
  •  » Knife makers individual forums for visiting, support and sales.
  •  » Forums for knives.

...then you have come to the right place!

we will try to help you with your problem.

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIP on a 19 knife group buy

Quote Originally Posted by Von Gruff View Post
    Have these blades all ready for heat treating now with their individual handle scales all marked for each knife with the name of the recipient scribed onto the tang so that will do for this week. There are different handle requests with some having bolsters (jarah or ebony) but all having scales from a rimu board I had set asside for them . There are a couple of foriegners in there with one having jarah scales and the hidden tang with brass jarah and beech. There were some that wernt part of the group buy that are set asside for now but they will be attended to after these are completed.
    It's really awesome to watch these come together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a few more blades from the drawer ready for heat treating so it will be all done in one session. The ones without handle scales by them are for spec so have drilled them for either bolster and scales or simple one wood scales. The one with all the lightening holes is a piece of 1/4 in D2 that I started some time back and have tapered the tang so may finish it with something nice.
    With all the clamps finished and painted I should have no problem getting all the handles sorted without having to wait for apoxy to cure before removing the clamps for another batch.
    Von Gruff

The ability to do comes with doing.

Love is Genesis 12: 3. Exodus 20: 1-17. Acts 4: 10-12

The blades are all heat treated and tempered so the next few days will see a lot of hand sanding and many sheets of W&D paper to get them all up to a 600 grt finish
    Von Gruff

The ability to do comes with doing.

Love is Genesis 12: 3. Exodus 20: 1-17. Acts 4: 10-12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12